The top two meet in UEFA Europa League Group C, with Krasnodar eager to avenge a 2-1 defeat from matchday one and join Borussia Dortmund in the round of 32.
Article top media content
FC Krasnodar have not lost a UEFA Europa League game since they visited Borussia Dortmund on matchday one and will look to keep that run going in the reverse fixture.
• Dortmund are through to the round of 32; Krasnodar will be too if they beat the German side.
• Park Joo Hoo scored an added-time winner as Dortmund came from 1-0 down to defeat Krasnodar 2-1 in the teams' first Group C meeting on 17 September.
• Krasnodar's only previous encounters with German clubs were in last season's UEFA Europa League group stage when they lost 4-2 at home and 5-1 away against VfL Wolfsburg.
• Dortmund have won all three of their away games against Russian sides.
• Krasnodar boss Oleg Kononov took on Dortmund as coach of FC Karpaty Lviv in the 2010/11 UEFA Europa League group stage. His team lost 4-3 at home and 3-0 in Germany. Current Dortmund players Nuri Şahin, Shinji Kagawa and Mats Hummels all scored in the course of those games.
• Krasnodar have won all four of their European home games this season.
• Dortmund are unbeaten in four 2015/16 European away games (W3 D1) and have yet to lose a European match under new coach Thomas Tuchel (W7 D1).
• Krasnodar have reached the UEFA Europa League group stage in both of their European campaigns, though they did not make it to the round of 32 last season.
• Dortmund are featuring in this group stage for only the second time, having failed to make it to the knockout phase in their only previous appearance, in 2010/11.
Trivia and links
• The journey from Dortmund to Krasnodar is a little over 2,400km.
• Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is one of six players to have scored four goals in the first four matchdays along with Franco Di Santo (FC Schalke 04), José Callejón (SSC Napoli), Manolo Gabbiadini (Napoli), Aritz Aduriz (Athletic Club) and Raúl Bobadilla (FC Augsburg).
• Kononov has coached Krasnodar since 2013, leading the club to an impressive third-place finish in Russia last season. This is his third group stage campaign; he made it this far with Karpaty Lviv in 2010/11 and with Krasnodar last term.
• Tuchel is in his first season as Dortmund coach after replacing Jürgen Klopp in the summer. He made his name in a five-year spell in charge of 1. FSV Mainz 05, but took a year out before taking on his current role.