The group stage ends on Thursday with 18 clubs vying for ten remaining round of 32 slots. UEFA.com summarises the state of play and explains the permutations.
Article top media content
The UEFA Europa League group stage concludes on Thursday with 18 clubs competing for ten remaining places in the round of 32 draw four days later. UEFA.com summarises the state of play and explains the permutations.
Teams through to round of 32
Confirmed group winners (5): FC Salzburg, FC Dinamo Moskva, FC Internazionale Milano, Everton FC, ACF Fiorentina,
Qualified and can win group (7): Tottenham Hotspur FC, Beşiktaş JK, Feyenoord, SSC Napoli, FC Dynamo Kyiv, Legia Warszawa, Trabzonspor AŞ
Confirmed runners-up (2): Celtic FC, PSV Eindhoven
Transferring from UEFA Champions League (8): Olympiacos FC*, Liverpool FC, FC Zenit*, RSC Anderlecht, AS Roma, AFC Ajax, Sporting Clube de Portugal*, Athletic Club*
*Will be seeded in draw along with UEFA Europa League group winners
VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach (9pts) v FC Zürich (7)
Apollon Limassol FC (3) v Villarreal CF (8)
• Mönchengladbach can only be eliminated if they lose and Villarreal win due to their head-to-head superiority over the Spanish side.
• Villarreal will qualify with a victory, or if Zürich fail to win due to their head-to-head superiority over the Swiss team.
• Zürich will qualify with a win but will be eliminated with any other result.
• Apollon are out.
Club Brugge KV (9) v HJK Helsinki (6)
FC København (4) v Torino FC (8)
• Club Brugge will qualify with a victory, a draw or if FCK win. They can also go through if they lose and FCK do not win. In the event of Club Brugge losing: should Torino and FCK draw, Club Brugge would still be through in second behind HJK unless they lose by enough for their goal difference, or goals scored, to be overhauled by Torino (the difference is currently two).
• Torino will qualify with a win, or if HJK fail to win. If Torino draw and HJK win, they must hope the Finnish side won by enough for Torino's overall goal difference or goals scored to be superior to Club Brugge's.
• HJK will advance with a victory unless Torino also win, in which case HJK would have to win by enough to gain the head-to-head edge on Club Brugge.
• FCK are out.
Beşiktaş JK (9) v Tottenham Hotspur (11)
FK Partizan (1) v Asteras Tripolis FC (5)
• Tottenham are through and will finish top with a draw.
• Beşiktaş are through and will finish top with a win.
• Asteras and Partizan are out.
FC Salzburg (13) v FC Astra Giurgiu (4)
GNK Dinamo Zagreb (3) v Celtic FC (8)
• Salzburg are through as group winners.
• Celtic are through as group runners-up.
• Astra and Dinamo are out.
Panathinaikos FC (1) v Estoril Praia (4)
PSV Eindhoven (8) v FC Dinamo Moskva (15)
• Dinamo Moskva have progressed as group winners.
• PSV are through as group runners-up
• Estoril and Panathinaikos are out.
FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (4) v AS Saint-Étienne (5)
Qarabağ FK (5) v FC Internazionale Milano (11)
• Internazionale are through as group winners
• Qarabağ will qualify with a win, or a draw if St-Étienne draw due to their head-to-head superiority over the French club.
• St-Étienne must pick up more points than Qarabağ to qualify.
• Dnipro need to win and hope Qarabağ do not.
R. Standard de Liège (4) v Feyenoord (9)
Sevilla FC (8) v HNK Rijeka (7)
• Feyenoord are through and will top the group with a win, or a draw if Sevilla fail to get three points.
• Sevilla will be through with a draw.
• Rijeka will proceed with a win but can only top the group if Feyenoord lose.
• Standard are out.
LOSC Lille (4) v VfL Wolfsburg (7)
Everton FC (11) v FC Krasnodar (3)
• Everton are through as group winners.
• Wolfsburg will be through with a draw.
• LOSC will advance with a win on head-to-head as they drew at Wolfsburg.
• Krasnodar are out.
BSC Young Boys (9) v AC Sparta Praha (10)
SSC Napoli (10) v ŠK Slovan Bratislava (0)
• Napoli are through due to their head-to-head superiority over both Sparta and Young Boys. Therefore they will clinch pole position with a victory, or a draw if the other game is drawn.
• Sparta will be through with a draw.
• Young Boys will progress with a win.
• Slovan are eliminated.
FC Steaua Bucureşti (7) v FC Dynamo Kyiv (12)
Rio Ave FC (1) v Aalborg BK (9)
• Dynamo are through and will only fail to top the group if they lose and AaB win (since the Danish side have a superior head-to-head).
• AaB will be through with a victory, or if Steaua (who have a superior head-to-head) are unable to take three points.
• Steaua will march on with a win unless AaB also prevail.
• Rio Ave are out.
PAOK FC (7) v EA Guingamp (7)
ACF Fiorentina (13) v FC Dinamo Minsk (1)
• Fiorentina are through as group winners
• Guingamp beat PAOK in the reverse fixture so will advance with a draw.
• PAOK will be through with a victory.
• Dinamo Minsk are out.
FC Metalist Kharkiv (0) v KSC Lokeren OV (7)
Legia Warszawa (12) v Trabzonspor AŞ (10)
• Legia are through and will come top with a draw.
• Trabzonspor are through and will finish first with a win.
• Lokeren are out because of their head-to-head inferiority to Trabzonspor.
• Metalist are out.
Although all reasonable care has been taken that the information is accurate, no representation or guarantee is made as to its reliability or completeness. All outcomes are subject to official confirmation from UEFA following the conclusion of the group stage.