A record result for SSC Napoli, ACF Fiorentina's unbeaten run on the road and Manolo Gabbiadini's landmark all feature as UEFA.com presents the best statistics from the first legs.
Article top media content
• SSC Napoli's 4-1 victory at VfL Wolfsburg was the biggest away win ever recorded in the first leg of a UEFA Europa League quarter-final. The previous highest was also on German soil, when Athletic Club triumphed 4-2 at FC Schalke 04 in 2011/12. The biggest quarter-final away win overall remains FC Porto's 5-2 success at FC Spartak Moskva in the second leg of their 2010/11 tie.
• The goalless draw between Club Brugge KV and FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in Belgium was the first in the opening leg of a UEFA Europa League quarter-final – the only one in 24 matches.
• The UEFA Europa League's most common quarter-final first-leg scoreline is 2-1. Holders Sevilla FC may be comforted by the knowledge that the winner of the home leg in that instance has gone on to reach the semi-finals four times out of six.
• There has only been one previous 1-1 draw in the first leg of a UEFA Europa League quarter-final, and on that occasion, in 2010/11, FC Dynamo Kyiv were also the home team. It proved insufficient as they were eliminated on the away goals rule after a 0-0 draw in the second leg at SC Braga.
• In avoiding defeat at home to Dnipro, Club Brugge set a new competition record by going 11 games unbeaten from the start of the group stage.
• ACF Fiorentina's last-gasp equaliser in Kyiv preserved the Tuscan club's record of never having lost an away fixture in the UEFA Europa League. That 1-1 draw extended their competition-record sequence of away games without defeat to 11.
• Jeremain Lens, who scored Dynamo Kyiv's goal against Fiorentina, was taking part in his 42nd UEFA Europa League match, just two fewer than Óscar Cardozo and Daniel Carriço, who share the competition's appearance record.
• Outdoing any player in terms of match appearances, however, is Sevilla coach Unai Emery, who took charge of his 46th UEFA Europa League game as his team came from behind to defeat Zenit. Should the holders reach a second successive final, Emery will celebrate his half-century in Warsaw.
• Sevilla's victory was their eighth in succession at home in the competition, just two behind the record jointly held by Club Atlético de Madrid and SL Benfica. Zenit, however, will move alongside that pair if they extend their perfect home run in the UEFA Europa League to ten wins out of ten when they host the Andalusian club in the return leg. Indeed, should the Russian club repeat the scoreline from any of those previous nine victories, they will go through to the semi-finals.
• Manolo Gabbiadini's goal in Napoli's 4-1 win at Wolfsburg was the 3200th in the competition.