The play-offs will fill the last 21 places in the group stage.
Article top media content
13:00CET, 6 August, Nyon
- Matches 23 & 30 August
- The ten winners from the third qualifying round in this path (which concludes on 16 August) are joined by the six teams eliminated from the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round champions path (ending on 14 August).
- The six teams eliminated from the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round champions path will be seeded, along with the two teams emerging from the ties in the third qualifying round of this competition's champions path that had the seeds with the highest coefficients.
- Any other restrictions will be announced ahead of the draw.
- The draw will consist of the 26 teams advancing from the third qualifying round of this path (which concludes on 16 August).
- The teams will be ranked according to the coefficient of the seeded teams in the third qualifying round ties and further split into seeding groups.
- Each side in each seeding group is allocated a number. Balls containing the seeded teams' numbers are placed in one bowl, with balls for the unseeded teams' numbers (within the same sub-group of clubs) in another.
- A ball is taken from each bowl and put into a large empty bowl in the middle, where they are shuffled.
- The clubs whose numbers correspond to the first ball drawn play their first game at home, against the sides whose numbers match the next ball drawn.
Clubs' coefficients are now determined EITHER by the sum of all points won in the previous five years OR by the association coefficient over the same period – WHICHEVER IS THE HIGHER (under a new system introduced for 2018/19 onwards).