Barça are through with three more teams to join them in April’s finals by Sunday.
Article top media content
The UEFA Futsal Champions League elite round runs until Sunday.
- The four group winners will progress to the knockout finals, at a venue to be confirmed, scheduled for 23 or 24 and 25 or 26 April.
- Through so far: Barça (ESP)
Elite round groups
Group A (ends Friday)
Could still go through: KPRF (RUS, hosts), Dobovec (SVN)
Eliminated: Mostar SG (BIH), Halle-Gooik (BEL)
- Debutants KPRF, must beat Dobovec on Friday with the Slovenian side ahead on goal difference
- Both teams have bearen Halle-Gooik and Mostar, the first Bosnian team to reach the elite round since Tango Sarajevo in 2013/14.
Group B (ends Sunday)
Could still go through: Sporting CP (POR, holders), Tyumen (RUS, hosts), Ayat (KAZ), Novo Vrijeme (CRO)
- Sporting defeated Novo Vrijeme, just as in last season’s elite round, and Tyumen beat Ayat on Thursday.
- Tyumen and Ayat are both enjoying debut campaigns.
Group C (ends Sunday):
Could still go through: Benfica (POR), Murcia FS (ESP), Pesaro (ITA), Kairat Almaty (KAZ, hosts)
- Murcia beat Kairat (just as in the main round) and Pesaro defeated Benfica on Thursday.
- Kairat, who hosted last season's finals in Almaty, welcome fellow former winners Benfica, 2008 runners-up Murcia and debutants Pesaro, the record eighth different Italian club to grace the elite round.
- Both Kairat's UEFA competition meetings with Benfica have ended 3-3 (including the 2011 third-place match, which the hosts won on penalties in Almaty). Benfica beat Kairat 3-1 in August's Masters Cup.
Group D (ends Saturday)
Through: Barça (ESP)
Eliminated: Kherson (UKR), Sparta Praha (CZE), Stalitsa Minsk (BLR, hosts)
- Barça are through with a game to spare after beating debutants Sparta and Kherson, coached by Javi Rodriguez.
- It will be Barça’s seventh finals appearance in the post-2006/07 competition system, one off Kairat’s record.