Sporting CP 0-7 Inter FS Inter eased to a comprehensive victory in Almaty to seal their fourth UEFA Futsal Cup, two more than any other club.
Article top media content
An error occurred while playing the video
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS
- Inter FS ease to victory in Almaty to win their fourth UEFA Futsal Cup, two more than anyone else
- Humberto does brilliantly to keep ball in play and slides across for Gadeia to score opener
- Sporting push hard but go 2-0 down through Lolo after attack led by Ricardinho
- After restart, Ricardinho fakes to drill free-kick then cuts back to Rafael to make it 3-0
- Another clever free-kick move follows as Ortiz touches back for the advancing Mario Rivillos to get the fourth
- Sporting deploy flying goalkeeper and Rivillos scores from distance
- Ricardinho adds two more from own half into empty net
- Inter become first team to score seven in a UEFA Futsal Cup final match
- Ortiz and Jesús Herrero win second titles with Inter after 2009 triumph
- Ricardinho adds to title won with Benfica against Inter in 2010
- Sporting fall to second final defeat having also lost in Almaty at this stage in 2011
- Man of the match: Ricardinho
Sporting started in the same attacking manner that allowed them to knock out holders Ugra Yugorsk on Friday, but Inter had too much quality and experience to meet the same fate. From 1-0 up they controlled the game as we have seen in so many UEFA competitions from Spanish sides, soaking up pressure comfortably and countering at will. Naturally Ricardinho played his part against his Portuguese countrymen, while the two clever free-kicks early in the second half that sealed Sporting's fate were masterfully executed.
Ricardinho, man of the match
I feel amazing after winning this cup again seven years on. One time with Benfica in Lisbon and now Inter. I feel amazing, the team worked very well today. We did our best in both matches, so I think we deserve this title.
In the last seven years Inter just played one final. The club needs to be at the top in Europe again. Last year, we could not win this trophy at home, but this evening with the 7-0 we showed we are the best.
Jesús Velasco, Inter coach
I guess the result says it all. We knew Sporting would press hard, but we came prepared. After the match against Kairat we worked on our mistakes and today we were very good in the final. The players did a great job and I am especially satisfied with how we defended the 5 v 4 situation.
This victory is the most important in my career so far; it's a dream come true. Last year were were in the final but lost against Ugra. This time finally we have managed to win the UEFA Futsal Cup.
Nuno Dias, Sporting coach
I would like to congratulate our opponents as they deserved their win. I don't think we played worse than on Friday, but it was clearly not our day. We could not convert our chances, while Inter were able to capitalise on our mistakes. That's the nature of futsal.