The elite round features 16 teams.
Elite round draw
Group A: Barcelona (ESP), Ekonomac Kragujevac (SRB), 't Knooppunt (NED), Pescara (ITA, hosts)
Group B: Sporting CP (POR, hosts), Dina Moskva (RUS), Nacional Zagreb (CRO), Halle-Gooik (BEL)
Group C: Stalitsa Minsk (BLR), Luparense (ITA), Kherson (UKR), Győr (HUN, hosts)
Group D: Inter FS (ESP, hosts), Kairat Almaty (KAZ), Braga/AAUM (POR), Deva (ROU)
13:30CET, 19 October, Nyon
How it works
- Teams in Pot 1 cannot meet a side in Pot 2 they played in the main round (groups indicated).
- There is no country protection.
- Four mini-tournament hosts have be named ahead of the draw and placed in a Pot 1, while maintaining their seeding (position in group indicated).
- The teams in Pot 2 will be drawn next, filling the two remaining position 4 spots ot filled by hosts before filling position 3
- Pots 3 (position 2) and 4 (position 1 teams minus the two hosts) will then be drawn.
- Due to decisions of the UEFA Emergency Panel. teams from Russia (Dino Moskva) cannot be drawn against teams from Ukraine (Kherson).
- Matches will be played 21 to 26 November.
- The four group winners will progress to the knockout finals, with one of those clubs appointed hosts for the event on 19 or 20 and 21 or 22 April.
Pot 1 – mini-tournament hosts: Inter FS (ESP, holders, position 1, Gp2), Sporting CP (POR, position 1, Gp3), Pescara (ITA, position 4), Győr (HUN, position 4)
Pot 2 – positions 3 & 4 (Main round Path A third place and Path B winners): Braga/AAUM (POR), Kherson (UKR), Nacional Zagreb (CRO), 't Knooppunt (NED), Halle-Gooik (BEL), Deva (ROU)
Pot 3 – position 2 (Main round Path A runners-up): Kairat Almaty (KAZ, Gp1), Dina Moskva (RUS, Gp2), Ekonomac Kragujevac (SRB, Gp3), Luparense (ITA, Gp4)
Pot 4 – position 1 (Main round Path A winners): Stalitsa Minsk (BLR, Gp1), Barcelona (ESP, Gp4)
- Inter won their record fourth title last season and aim to become the first team to retain the trophy since Playas de Castellón won the inaugural finals in 2002 and 2003.
- Barcelona and Kairat are the other ex-champions in the draw, Sporting have also reached the final whule Luparense and Dina have previously made the last four.
- Braga, Kherson and the only preliminary round survivors, 't Knooppunt, are all debutants