UEFA Champions League winners Barcelona face UEFA Europa League holders Sevilla in the UEFA Super Cup tonight; UEFA.com has predicted lineups, quotes, stats and more.
Article top media content
• Barcelona play Sevilla with record-equalling fifth UEFA Super Cup in their sights
• Unai Emery has never beaten Barcelona as a coach but relishes being "at the very top"
• Several possible Sevilla debutants including Michael Krohn-Dehli
• Neymar out due to mumps, joining absentees Jordi Alba and Douglas
• Steven N'Zonzi absent but Timothée Kolodziejczak and Adil Rami could feature
Barcelona: Ter Stegen; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Mathieu; Rakitić, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, L Suárez, Pedro.
• Out: Alba (hamstring), Neymar (mumps), Douglas (hamstring)
• Doubtful: Adriano (thigh strain)
Sevilla: Rico; Mariano, Coke, Krychowiak, Trémoulinas; Krohn-Dehli, Banega; Reyes, Iborra, Vitolo; Gameiro.
• Out: Carriço (leg muscle), Pareja (cruciate ligament), N'Zonzi (gastroenteritis)
• Doubtful: Rami (gastroenteritis), Kolodziejczak (gastroenteritis)
What they say
Luis Enrique, Barcelona coach
This is our first official match of pre-season and it's a nice test to see where we're at. We're facing the champions. Every title is a challenge and we'll tackle this one as we would any other. We'll see how we get on against our rivals and whether we've earned this one.
I don't care whether we're favourites to win or not. What we have to do is show that we are better on the pitch. We know our rivals are tough opponents as it's always difficult to beat them. It's exciting to be playing in the Super Cup; we know we have to play well in order to win.
Sevilla have even fewer players available than Barça so it's a problem that both teams will have to overcome. It's something we have to get used to in football. There've been a lot of transfers at Sevilla and that's harder for the Sevilla coach to deal with. In my case, we'll be seeing things which are fairly similar to previous seasons.
On a personal note, the more titles you can win the better. Several players could set new personal records, which is a good thing because it means we have the potential to make history and we have the potential to win titles – now we have to do it.
Unai Emery, Sevilla coach
It's another opportunity we want to make the most of. We're playing major rivals who are favourites but we have many things in our favour and we're working on our strengths to overcome Barcelona. We want to take advantage of this moment – we're at the level where we want to be, at the very top.
I have a vision for this match but whether it comes to pass is a different matter. Either way, our performance has to be first-class. The players we put out on the pitch cannot be an excuse, they have to be solutions. The players they can't put out affect different positions, but I am envisioning a top-notch Barcelona.
We need to be able to attack and profit from any weak moments or lack of cohesion in their game. The injuries will have an impact but overall you will see what Barcelona can do and you will see what Sevilla can do. We may not be 100% but we'll be close.
We want to see the sparkle in our players' eyes and we've seen that against Barcelona in the past. Barça are going to be better than us in stats, possession etc. So we need to accept that and respond by countering very quickly against them. We have to grasp the opportunities when we have a degree of control.
Pre-season results (Super Cup side appears first in all scorelines)
Barcelona: LA Galaxy 2-1 (a), Manchester United 1-3 (n), Chelsea 2-2, 2-4pens (n), Fiorentina 1-2 (a), Roma 3-0 (h)
Sevilla: Werder Bremen 1-3 (a), Reims 2-1 (a), Watford 1-0 (a), Brighton & Hove Albion 0-1 (a), AEK Athens 1-1 (a)
Records on the line
• Barcelona are in a record ninth UEFA Super Cup.
• A Barcelona win would equal AC Milan's record of five victories in this competition.
• This is a record third all-Spanish UEFA Super Cup, all featuring Sevilla including their 2006 defeat of Barcelona in which Dani Alves scored against his future club. There were previously two all-Italian encounters.
• Alves could equal Paolo Maldini's records of taking part in five separate UEFA Super Cups and winning four.
• Luis Enrique could become the fourth man to lift the UEFA Super Cup as coach and player after Josep Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti and Diego Simeone.
• Emery has not beaten Barcelona in his 19 encounters as coach of Almería, Valencia, Spartak Moskva and Sevilla, drawing six and losing 13. Lionel Messi has scored 22 goals in those games.