The 32 entrants will be drawn into two knockout rounds.
Article top media content
- The domestic youth champions of the 32 best-ranked associations in the 2019 UEFA association coefficient rankings (the same rankings used to decide access to the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League) are in this path. The 32nd-ranked association, Liechtenstein, have no domestic youth competition, so their place is taken by Hungary, ranked 33rd.
- A vacancy in this path (from a club being eligible for the UEFA Champions League path) is filled by the domestic youth champions of the next best-ranked association.
How the draw works
First round (21 October & 4 November)
- Teams may be split into geographical groups in accordance with the principles set by the UEFA Club Competitions Committee, with no seeding within them.
- A pot is prepared with the requisite number of balls, each containing the name of one domestic champions path team.
- Two balls are drawn from the bowl. Those teams will play each other, with the first team drawn playing the first match at home and the return match away.
- The previous step is carried out with the remaining balls in the bowl to complete all the pairings.
- If necessary the steps are then carried out for the other groups.
Second round (6 & 27 November)
- The 16 pairings may be divided into geographical groups in accordance with the principles set by the UEFA Club Competitions Committee, with no seeding within them.
- The first-round pairings are placed in a central bowl and shuffled.
- Two balls are drawn from the bowl. These pairings will play each other, with the first pairing drawn playing the first match at home and the return away.
- The same steps are carried out with the remaining balls in the bowl, and if necessary the same procedure follows for remaining groups.
- The eight domestic champions path survivors will be drawn at home to the eight UEFA Champions League path runners-up in one-off ties to decide the eight remaining round of 16 berths.
Play-off draw: 15 December, Nyon
Play-offs: 9/10 February
Knockout draw (round of 16 onwards): 12 February, Nyon
Round of 16: 2/3 March
Quarter-finals: 16/17 March
Semi-finals: 23 April, Nyon
Final: 26 April, Nyon