Three quarter-finals set so far: Salzburg vs Lyon, Midtjylland vs Ajax and Dinamo Zagreb vs Benfica.
Article top media content
The UEFA Youth League round of 16 is in progress with three quarter-finals so far set up: Salzburg vs Lyon, Midtjylland vs Ajax and Dinamo Zagreb vs Benfica.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation regarding the coronavirus and to liaise with national associations, clubs and relevant authorities in this respect. Further information about the rescheduling of the competition will be given in due course, after a thorough assessment of options.
Round of 16 ties
- Ajax brought on substitute goalkeeper Daan Reiziger for the shoot-out, and he saved three before scoring the winning penalty.
- Pedro Álvaro made a competition record-equalling 27th appearance as twice runners-up Benfica reached their fifth quarter-final, matching the mark of Barcelona, Chelsea and Real Madrid (who could make a sixth when they visit Juventus).
- Bayern came back from 2-0 down to force penalties but Dinamo are into their second straight quarter-final.
- Midtjylland are into into a second consecutive quarter-final after beating the first Serbian side to reach the round of 16.
- Salzburg, who beat holders Porto in the last 16, remain the only past winners left in the competition after defeating debutants Derby.
Tuesday 10 March
Atalanta 3-3, 3-5 pens Lyon*
- Debutants Atalanta led 2-0 and 3-2 but a last-gasp Rayan Cherki goal forced penalties, and Lyon converted all their spot-kicks to reach a second straight quarter-final.
*Postponed from 3 March, moved to Centro Tecnico Federale Coverciano, Florence
**Postponed from 4 March
The tie between Internazionale Milano and Rennes has been cancelled. The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body will take a decision on the matter.
Midtjylland vs Ajax
Salzburg vs Lyon
Dinamo Zagreb vs Benfica
Internazionale Milano/Rennes vs Juventus/Real Madrid
- Real Madrid beat Juventus 2-0 away and 6-2 at home in the inaugural 2013/14 group stage.
- Real Madrid are the only side to have reached this round in all seven editions after Barcelona's group-stage exit; Atlético were there for the sixth time.
- Real Madrid can equal Barcelona and Chelsea's record of four appearances in the four-team Nyon finals. Benfica (2014 and 2017 runners-up) and Salzburg (2017 winners) also have finals experience.
- No teams from Croatia, Denmark, Italy or the Netherlands have previously reached the Nyon finals.
- None of last season's final four (Porto, Chelsea, Barcelona and Hoffenheim) reached the round of 16; Dinamo, Lyon, Midtjylland and Real Madrid all lost in the 2019 quarter-finals.
- Rennes are on their competition debut.
- Juventus are also in the round of 16 for the first time.
Semi-finals (Colovray Stadim, Nyon)
1: Dinamo Zagreb/Benfica vs Midtjylland/Ajax
2: Salzburg/Lyon vs Internazionale Milano/Rennes/Juventus/Real Madrid
Final (Colovray Stadium, Nyon)
Winner semi-final 1 vs Winner semi-final 2