Qualifying round Group 9 winners Austria and runners-up Norway progressed with a game to spare at the expense of hosts Albania and San Marino.
Article top media content
Austria and Norway progressed from UEFA European Under-17 Cahmpionship qualifying round Group 9 with a game to spare at the expense of hosts Albania and San Marino.
- Two first-half Sandi Lovric goals gave Austria an opening 2-0 win against San Marino, although Oliver Filip had a 51st-minute penalty saved by Eugenio Marconi.
- Norway went to the summit, Andreas Helmersen, John Hou Saeter and Kristoffer Ajer scoring to beat Albania 3-0.
- Two days later Norway overcame San Marino 4-0, Saeter again among the scorers.
- Austria ensured both they and Norway would advance to the elite round, Arnel Jakupovic and, in added time, Filip getting goals to defeat Albania 2-0.
- In the match for first place, Austria secured a third 2-0 victory, Jakupovic and Filipe once again the second-half scorers against Norway.
- Albania thrashed San Marino 5-1, with goals from all three of their substitutes to finish third.
- Albania must wait to see if they will be one of the five teams to progress with the best record agiainst the top two in their section.
Through to elite round
Group 1: Republic of Ireland, Scotland
Group 5: Sweden, Greece
Group 6: Portugal, Slovenia
Group 9: Austria, Norway
Group 12: Czech Republic, Romania
TBC: 21 more
Draw: 10.40CET, 3 December, involving 32 sides, of which 15 will join Bulgaria in the finals.