The 32 teams were drawn into eight groups with 15 finals places in the Republic of Ireland on offer.
Article top media content
Elite round draw
Group 1 (20–26 March): Italy, Austria, Romania, Turkey*
Group 2 (20–26 March): Netherlands* (holders), Czech Republic, Israel, Northern Ireland
Group 3 (21–27 March): England, Denmark*, Croatia, Switzerland
Group 4 (20–26 March): Germany*, Slovenia, Iceland, Belarus
Group 5 (20–26 March): Spain*, Ukraine, Kosovo, Greece
Group 6 (20–26 March): Portugal, Russia, Poland, Scotland*
Group 7 (26 March–1 April): Belgium, Hungary*, Norway, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Group 8 (26 March–1 April): Slovakia, France, Sweden, Serbia*
• The eight group winners and the seven runners-up with the best records against the teams first and third in their section will join hosts the Republic of Ireland in the finals from 3 to 19 May.
How the draw worked
• There were four seeding pots in accordance with the coefficient rankings list. The eight countries with the highest coefficients are in Pot A – including top seeds England and Germany, who received a bye through the qualifying round – the next eight in Pot B, and so on.
Pot A: England, Germany, Netherlands (holders), Portugal, Italy, Slovakia, Spain, Belgium
Pot B: Czech Republic, France, Denmark, Ukraine, Austria, Hungary, Slovenia, Russia
Pot C: Israel, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Croatia, Kosovo, Iceland, Romania
Pot D: Scotland, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Northern Ireland, Turkey*, Switzerland*, Serbia*, Belarus, Greece
• No group winners from the qualifying round could play runners-up from the same section. There was no such protection for the best third-placed teams (marked *).
• Due to decisions of the UEFA Executive Committee and the UEFA Emergency COmmittee, Kosovo cannot be drawn against either Serbia or Bosnia and Herzegovina.
• Each group comprises one side from each pot, with the hosts then appointed to hold the mini-tournaments, which must be completed by 31 March.
Qualifying round: who was in which group?
Group 1: Netherlands (holders), Sweden
Group 2: Ukraine, Iceland, Bosnia and Herzegovina*
Group 3: Austria, Slovenia
Group 4: Spain, Israel
Group 5: Kosovo, Scotland, Switzerland*
Group 6: Denmark, Russia
Group 7: France, Poland
Group 8: Czech Republic, Norway
Group 9: Hungary, Romania, Serbia*
Group 10: Slovakia, Northern Ireland, Turkey*
Group 11: Portugal, Belarus
Group 12: Belgium, Greece
Group 13: Italy, Croatia
*best third-placed teams