The draw is made at VfB Suttgart Arena at 18.00CET on Tuesday with hosts Germany joined by Austria, Croatia, England, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Portugal.
Article top media content
The UEFA European Under-19 Championship final tournament draw is made at VfB Stuttgart Arena at 18.00CET on Tuesday with hosts Germany joined by Austria, Croatia, England, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Portugal. Follow the proceedings on Twitter via @UEFAcom with hashtag #U19EURO.
• Germany will be placed in position 1 of Group A with no other restrictions in the draw.
• Two groups of four will be formed with the top two going into the semi-finals.
• The four semi-finalists and the winner of a play-off between the two third-placed group finishers qualify for the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea from 20 May to 11 June next year. Holders Serbia will not qualify to defend their global title.
Group stage: 11/12, 14/15, 17/18 July
Semi-finals & FIFA U-20 World Cup play-off: 21 July
Final: 24 July
• France are the only one of last year's semi-finalists to qualify because winners Spain, runners-up Russia and 2015 hosts Greece were all eliminated.
• Croatia are the least experienced U19 nation of the finalists having qualified for three of the 15 tournaments since this competition's reclassification from U18s in 2001/02.
• When the same generation played in the 2014 U17 finals in Malta, England ousted the Netherlands on penalties for the title having knocked out Portugal 2-0 in the last four. Germany departed in the group stage after a 1-0 loss to Portugal.