• The Darius & Girenas Stadium in Kaunas will stage four group matches and a semi-final of the UEFA European Under-19 Championship.
• Opened in 1925, the stadium has undergone a series of redevelopments, most recently in 2005, and plays host to Lithuanian national team matches.
• The stadium is named after pilots Steponas Darius and Stasys Girėnas who died in an air crash while attempting to fly non-stop from the United States to Lithuania in 1933.
• The home of FBK Kaunas, who lifted the national championship eight times between 1999 and 2007, collecting four cups during the same period. The likes of Celtic FC, Rangers FC and UC Sampdoria have visited in European competition.
• Kaunas is the second largest city in Lithuania, inhabited by over 300,000 people. Historically the centre of Lithuanian academic, cultural and economic life, the city dates back to the 13th century.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.