The qualifying draw for the 2023 final tournament took place on Thursday 28 January.
Article top media content
The qualifying draw for the 2023 UEFA European Under-21 Championship took place on Thursday 28 January.
The 53 teams will compete from March for 14 places alongside final tournament co-hosts Georgia and Romania.
2021-23 Under-21 EURO qualifying draw
Group A: Croatia*, Austria, Norway, Finland, Azerbaijan, Estonia
Group B: Germany*, Poland, Israel, Hungary*, Latvia, San Marino
Group C: Spain*, Russia*, Slovakia, Northern Ireland, Lithuania, Malta
Group D: Portugal*, Greece, Iceland*, Belarus, Cyprus, Liechtenstein
Group E: Netherlands*, Switzerland*, Bulgaria, Wales, Moldova, Gibraltar
Group F: Italy*, Sweden, Republic of Ireland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Luxembourg
Group G: England*, Czech Republic*, Slovenia*, Albania, Kosovo, Andorra
Group H: France*, Serbia, Ukraine, North Macedonia, Faroe Islands, Armenia
Group I: Denmark*, Belgium, Turkey, Scotland, Kazakhstan
- Co-hosts Georgia and Romania qualify directly for the final tournament in June/July 2023.
- The pots were based on the coefficient rankings system.
- The draw split the teams into eight groups of six and one of five.
- Each group contains one team from each pot except Group I, which has no team from Pot 6.
- The groups will be played between March 2021 and June 2022.
- The nine group winners and the best runner-up (not counting results against sixth-placed teams) will qualify directly for the final tournament.
- The other eight runners-up will play off for the remaining four finals berths in September 2022.
Pot 1: Spain*, Germany*, France*, England*, Italy*, Denmark*, Portugal*, Netherlands*, Croatia*
Pot 2: Austria, Poland, Sweden, Czech Republic*, Belgium, Russia*, Serbia, Switzerland*, Greece
Pot 3: Slovakia, Iceland*, Ukraine, Slovenia*, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Norway, Bulgaria, Turkey
Pot 4: Scotland, North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Wales, Northern Ireland, Finland, Hungary*, Belarus, Albania
Pot 5: Montenegro, Kosovo, Lithuania, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Latvia
Pot 6: Luxembourg, Armenia, Malta, Andorra, Estonia, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, San MarinoFull draw procedure
Based on the UEFA Executive Committee decisions valid at the time of the draw, the following pairs of teams could not be drawn into the same group:
- Armenia & Azerbaijan
- Gibraltar & Spain
- Bosnia and Herzegovina & Kosovo
- Kosovo & Serbia
- Kosovo & Russia
- Russia & Ukraine
*Competing at 2021 Under-21 final tournament in Hungary and Slovenia, alongside Romania