Article top media content
Matches: Czech Republic v Denmark, Germany v Denmark, Czech Republic v Germany, Final
• Opened in May 2008 on the site of the old ground of the same name, the venue is the newest football arena in the Czech Republic.
• On 30 August 2013, the Eden Stadium hosted the UEFA Super Cup, Bayern defeating Chelsea 5-4 on penalties following a 2-2 draw over 120 minutes. Viktoria Plzeň played here during their maiden UEFA Champions League group stage campaign, in 2011/12.
• Home to Slavia Praha, the stadium is renowned for the atmosphere generated by fans who sit close to the pitch. It was one of Slavia's most famous sons, Vladimír Šmicer, who cut the ribbon to officially launch the €40m venue.
• A Slavia XI took on English amateur team Oxford University, their first foreign opponents 112 years ago, in the first match at the new ground, winning 5-0. Three weeks later the Czech Republic beat Lithuania 2-0 in a friendly there and the stadium has since shared national-team hosting duties with the Sparta Praha's Letná Stadium.
• Prague has a population of 1.26 million and is famous for its historical centre, castle, Charles Bridge and medieval architecture. Czech cuisine and beer are popular with tourists.