Norway 1-0 Serbia (agg: 1-2)
Mohammed Elyounoussi volleyed the hosts in front with 20 minutes to go, but Tomislav Sivić's side hung on to earn a finals place.
Article top media content
- Elyounoussi has first-half effort cleared off line after chipping goalkeeper
- Substitute Ožegović twice denied by Norway goalkeeper in second half
- Elyounoussi volleys Norway in front from Haraldseid cross with 20 minutes left
- Serbia unruffled thereafter; Norway's Trondsen dismissed at the death
- Serbia go into final tournament draw on 1 December; finals in Poland from 16 to 30 June
Tomislav Sivić, Serbia coach
It is a great success, because we played against a very good team. Over two matches, we got the result we needed, and we are very satisfied. I think we deserved it, because over the two games we have been the better side. Today, we also had chances and I am a little bit disappointed we didn't win. My team gave 100% today, and while the artificial pitch was not an advantage for us, we made it.
Leif Gunnar Smerud, Norway coach
Serbia started very strong, but we rode the storm and got into the game. It is tough to start the match 2-0 down against such a strong counterattacking team. Our courage got us into the game, and maintaining our balance was rewarded with a goal. We made some changes to go for the second goal, but we couldn't manage it. Our guys play good football, defend very well, and can attack in lots of different ways, but we are not clinical enough in the last third.