The final will be played in Ukraine for the first time in 2017/18, at Valeriy Lobanovskiy Dynamo Stadium on 24 May: here are the dates for the full season ahead and some leading contenders.
Article top media content
The UEFA Women's Champions League final will be played in Ukraine for the first time in 2017/18, at Valeriy Lobanovskiy Dynamo Stadium on Thursday 24 May, two days before the men's decider at NSK Olimpiyskyi in the Ukrainian capital.
- CALENDAR: ROAD TO KYIV
Qualifying round draw: 23 June
Qualifying round: 22–28 August
Round of 32 draw: 1 September
Round of 32: 4/5 & 11/12 October
Round of 16 draw: 16 October
Round of 16: 8/9 & 15/16 November
Quarter-final & semi-final draw: 24 November
Quarter-finals: 21/22 & 28/29 March
Semi-finals: 21/22 & 28/29 April
Final: 24 May 2018, Valeriy Lobanovskiy Dynamo Stadium, Kyiv
- CONTENDERS TO WATCH
Holders: Lyon (FRA)
Former winners: Wolfsburg (GER)
Former finalists: Fortuna Hjørring (DEN), Zvezda-2005 (RUS)
Former semi-finalists: Barcelona (ESP), Brøndby (DEN), Manchester City (ENG), Montpellier (FRA, finished above Paris Saint-Germain who will not be inovlved next season), Rosengård (SWE)
Former quarter-finalists: Bayern München (GER), Glasgow City (SCO), Linköping (SWE), Rossiyanka (RUS), Slavia Praha (CZE)
Other names to watch: Ajax (NED, debut), Atlético Madrid (ESP), Chelsea (ENG), Fiorentina (ITA, debut), KÍ Klaksvík (FRO, only club to qualify for all 17 seasons), Sporting CP (POR, debut)
• All names provisional: full entry list and teams given byes to round of 32 to be confirmed by UEFA.
- FINAL VENUE: VALERIY LOBANOVSKIY DYNAMO STADIUM
• The Dynamo Stadium opened in 1933 and was renamed after legendary coach Valeriy Lobanovskiy in 2002, shortly after his death.
• Lobanovskiy is portrayed in a statue outside the stadium, with the coach sat on a bench.
• The stadium is home to Dynamo Kyiv, though they now play their biggest matches at NSK Olimpiyskyi.
• The stadium has hosted Ukrainian international fixtures.