A vibrant mix of proud industrial heritage, leafy green spaces and thriving towns, Trafford is a familiar destination for sports fans, regularly welcoming visitors from far and wide to its major sport stadiums. The borough is home to two of the UK’s most recognised sports venues in Old Trafford: Manchester United's ‘Theatre of Dreams’ and Lancashire County Cricket Club's historic ground.
✨ Best things to do
With over two million bricks under one roof, the indoor LEGO playground offers a fun and inspirational day out for all the family.
Media City is a creative and digital hub where filming takes place for television broadcasts including Blue Peter, Newsround, Mastermind, A Question of Sport, Match of the Day and Football Focus. You’ll find food and drink options from independent traders along with well-known chains. You can even view the famous Coronation Street set!
The Trafford Shopping Centre has got everyone's favourite brands and some you haven't even discovered yet. When you’ve finished shopping, there are many restaurants to pick from and a cinema for those wanting to catch the latest blockbusters.
Indulge your tastebuds and explore Manchester with your choice of food or drink tour. From brunch and afternoon tea to craft beer tours , there’s something to suit all tastes.
More information about exploring Trafford is available from Visit Manchester.
🛌 Where to stay in Trafford
Greater Manchester offers a wide range of accommodation, from unique boutique hotels and luxury pads to beautiful countryside settings and cosy family hideaways.
Accommodation rates may increase closer to the tournament. Book early for the best deals.
🍔 Eat and drink
Trafford’s and Greater Manchester’s food and drink culture is thriving. With new restaurants, bars, gastropubs, microbreweries and cafes opening weekly, the district is establishing itself as one of the UK’s most exciting foodie destinations.
From fine dining and afternoon tea to pop-up markets and humble street food, Greater Manchester is packed with options to suit any mood, offering any and every cuisine you can think of.
Areas to visit for food in Trafford and Manchester
- Altrincham – A great area for street food including Market House, which offers a number of independent food operators all under one roof.
- Stretford Food Hall – Located in Stretford Mall, Stretford Food Hall rotates tasty street food traders on a regular basis.
- The Corn Exchange – A dining destination housing restaurants dishing up world cuisines including Indian, German street food and traditional British pub-style dishes.
Try the region’s famous corned beef hash, a traditional local dish.
🍻 Nightlife, pubs and bars
- Spinningfields – High-end dining and nightlife; you might dine with celebrities as they’re often spotted in this luxurious neighbourhood.
- Deansgate – The mile-long stretch through the city centre is home to an array of restaurants, both chains and independents. At the south end of the road you’ll find Deansgate Locks, a popular nightclub destination.
ℹ️ Tourist info
Friendly Host City Volunteers and Stadium Volunteers will be out and about around Manchester city centre and Old Trafford on Women’s EURO matchdays. Locations for dedicated information points with volunteers will be announced closer to the tournament.
Useful links for further details on tourist information:
- The Visitor Information Centre inside Central Library, located in St Peters Square in the city centre
- Manchester Visitor Information Centre
- City Hosts
- Manchester's official tourism Twitter account
🆘 Local emergency services
As in all British cities, sometimes accidents happen. We want you to be safe and stay well but if you are in a life-threatening situation, you should contact the Emergency Services by calling 999 – this will connect you to Fire, Police and Ambulance services.
If you need medical assistance for a problem which is not life threatening, call the health service helpline on 111 where advice will be available from trained personnel.
Visit Manchester has detailed information on pharmacies and Accident & Emergency services in the city.