Neighbours Austria and Switzerland are both making their UEFA Women's EURO finals bow as they open Group C in Deventer.
Article top media content
• Switzerland played at the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup but like Austria they are making their UEFA Women's EURO finals debut.
• The teams' only previous competitive meetings were in qualifying for the 1997 finals, Switzerland winning 3-0 at home but losing 4-3 in Austria.
• Overall, including friendlies, they have played each other eight times with Switzerland winning six, drawing one and losing that qualifier in May 1996 – scoring 27 goals to Austria's 11.
• In their most recent friendly, Switzerland triumphed 2-1 away in August 2012.
• Austria's Manuela Zinsberger, Carina Wenninger and Viktoria Schnaderbeck are Bayern München club-mates of Switzerland's Vanessa Bürki.
• Virginia Kirchberger and Lisa Makas of Austria and Switzerland's Rahel Kiwic and Sandra Betschart are colleagues at Duisburg.
• Austria's Marina Georgieva and Sarah Zadrazil and Switzerland's Rahel Kiwic Mandy Aigbogun and Lia Wälti are all at Turbine Potsdam.
• Austria's Elisabeth Tieber plays in Switzerland for Neunkirch.