Scotland and Portugal meet for the tenth time as they continue their debut final tournament campaigns in Group D in Rotterdam.
Article top media content
• Both teams suffered tournament debuts with derby defeats on Wednesday, Portugal going down 2-0 against Spain while Scotland were on the wrong end of a finals record 6-0 scoreline versus England.
• Scotland and Portugal meet for the tenth time as they continue their debut final tournament campaigns in Rotterdam.
• They have met six times in competitive games, all UEFA Women's EURO qualifiers, with Scotland winning three, one draw and two Portugal victories.
• In 2009 qualifying, when Scotland reached the play-offs, they were held 0-0 at home but won 4-1 away with Jennifer Beattie's opener prefiguring a Julie Fleeting hat-trick.
• In 2005 qualifying, Scotland triumphed 2-1 at home and 8-1 away.
• By contrast, in 1995 qualifying Portugal won 8-2 at home and 2-1 in Scotland.
• Including friendlies – all three of which came between 2001 and 2002 – they have faced off nine times, Scotland winning five, drawing two and losing two.
• The goal count is 23-16 in Scotland's favour.