|Attempts on target||21||22|
• Both teams opened their campaigns with derby wins on Wednesday, Spain beating Portugal 2-0 and England claiming a finals record 6-0 victory over Scotland.
• England and Spain have played several thrilling games in recent years including in the group stage four years ago in Linkoping.
• Spain were opening their first final tournament bid in 16 years and won 3-2 with a goal deep in added time by Alexia Putellas.
• England had just equalised for the second time through Laura Bassett; earlier Verónica Boquete's opener had been quickly cancelled out by Eni Aluko, before Jenni Hermoso made it 2-1 with four minutes left.
• Previously, England had pipped Spain to first place in their UEFA Women's EURO 2009 and 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup qualifying groups with 1-0 home wins and 2-2 away draws.
• In both those draws England came back from two down.
• Spain reached the 1997 finals with a play-off success over England, winning 2-1 at home and drawing 1-1 away. That was the last time England failed to get to the UEFA Women's EURO finals.
• In 1995 qualifying the two teams drew 0-0 twice.
• Overall including friendlies, Spain have won five of their 11 encounters and England four, with two draws. However, England have outscored Spain 16-13.
• They most recently met in October, England winning 2-1 in Guadalajara with all the goals between minutes 14 and 19. Marta Torrejón's own goal preceded a Stephanie Houghton free-kick, then the Spaniard struck at the right end.
• Until the end of 2016, Spain's Vicky Losada and Marta Corredera played alongside England's Casey Stoney, Alex Scott and Fara Williams at Arsenal.
• England's Toni Duggan recently signed for Barcelona, joining nine of the Spain squad.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.