|Attempts on target||13||16|
• Sweden will be assured of a last-eight place with a point (or if Russia fail to win) after following up a 0-0 draw against Germany with a 2-0 victory over Russia.
• Italy became the first team to exit the competition on Friday after following up a 2-1 loss to Russia with a defeat by the same scoreline against Germany.
• Until this tournament neither of these teams had ever failed to reach the last eight since the first edition in 1984. Sweden can still maintain their record.
• This is the third straight group stage where Sweden have met Italy.
• Sweden won their 2013 meeting 3-1 and, prior to that, 1-0 in 2009; each time they finished top of the group and Italy second.
• Their first competitive encounters came in the semi-final of the inaugural European tournament of 1984, Pia Sundhage playing both legs as Sweden won 3-2 away and 2-1 at home.
• In all, Sundhage played nine internationals against Italy without defeat.
• Sweden have played 11 competitive games against Italy, winning eight and losing one.
• Including friendlies, the countries have faced off 18 times, with 13 Swedish victories, two Italian and three draws. Sweden lead the goal count 36-10.
• The Swedes are on a five-match winning streak against Italy going back to June 2004, when the Azzurre won a home UEFA Women's EURO qualifier 2-1.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.