|Attempts on target||7||22|
• Spain began their campaign with a 2-0 victory over Portugal but went down by the same scoreline against England in the second set of fixtures.
• Scotland got their first UEFA Women's EURO goal on Sunday but they are still seeking their first point after defeats by England (6-0) and Portugal (2-1).
• Spain and Scotland end Group D in Deventer having met in a dramatic play-off for the 2013 finals.
• Scotland, who had lost to Russia on away goals in the 2009 play-offs, were held 1-1 in their home leg at Hampden Park, Kim Little's 26th-minute penalty cancelled out on the half-hour by Adriana Martín.
• Adriana equalised again with 16 minutes remaining in the Madrid return leg after Emma Mitchell had struck for Scotland. That meant extra time, where Little's goal on 98 minutes left Spain needing to score twice.
• Seven minutes remained when Silvia Meseguer levelled on the night but Gemma Fay then saved a Verónica Boquete penalty to protect the Scots' away goals advantage.
• However, with the last kick of added time in extra time, Boquete volleyed past Fay to send Spain to Sweden.
• The sides previously met in the old promotion/relegation play-offs of 1999 FIFA Women's World Cup qualifying, Spain winning 3-0 away and 4-1 at home.
• The teams also had a friendly on 8 March 2016 in Falkirk, finishing 1-1 with Virginia Torrecilla restoring parity in stoppage time following a Mitchell goal.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.