Scotland coach Pauline Hamill said her players did "brilliantly" after beating Sweden 3-1 for Group 6 first place as both progressed to the elite round in Croatia.
Article top media content
Sweden and Scotland comfortably overcame hosts Croatia and Montenegro to sail through from to the elite round UEFA European Women's Under-17 Championship qualifying round Group 6.
- Sweden opened by beating Croatia 5-1 with five different scorers, though it was 1-1 at the break.
- Scotland saw off Montenegro 9-0 with a hat-trick from Courtney Whyte, one of several survivors from last season's finals squad in England.
- Sweden then defeated Montenegro 6-0, Ebba Wieder getting three goals.
- The two elite round berths were confirmed as Scotland overcame Croatia 3-0.
- Chantelle Brown, Brohan Hay and Erin Cuthbert got Scotland's goals.
- In the match for first place, a great defensive performance from Scotland secured a 3-1 win, though Sweden hit the woodwork twice.
- Cuthbert opened the scoring with a curling strike from more than 30 metres out and substitute Carla Boyce doubled the lead on 49 minutes before another long-range effort by Samantha Kerr.
- Sweden's consolation also came from distance, an Edina Filekovic free-kick.
- Croatia clinched third place, two Melani Mihić goals defeating Montenegro 2-0 in the meeting of the two eliminated teams.
Pauline Hamill, Scotland coach
I think the girls have done great. The first two games were comfortable for us and we had to step up today against a good opponent. I think we've done that brilliantly. In preparation before coming here we played Italy twice, and the preparation could not have gone any better, so we're really, really pleased.
Through to elite round
Group 3: Switzerland, Hungary
Group 6: Scotland, Sweden
Group 7: Belgium, Belarus
Group 9: Italy, Norway
Bye: Germany (holders), France, Spain
TBC: 13 more
Draw: 19 November, involving 24 teams, of which seven will join hosts Iceland in the finals.