Germany and holders Spain – together winners of seven of the previous eight editions – have been drawn in Group B, with hosts Belarus facing Serbia, England and Norway.
Article top media content
Hosts Belarus have been drawn with Serbia, England and Norway in Group A of May's UEFA European Women's Under-17 Championship, while Spain will face a team they defeated at the 2015 finals en route to winning the title, Germany.
Group A: Belarus (hosts), Serbia, England, Norway
Group B: Italy, Czech Republic, Germany, Spain (holders)
The draw was conducted by the tournament ambassador, Belarus senior national-team goalkeeper Aleksandra Sokol at Minsk's Victoria Hotel.
• Germany and Spain have claimed seven of the previous eight editions between them. Germany won two of their four titles with final defeat of Spain in 2008/09 and 2013/14.
• Spain and Germany were in the same group last year in Iceland. Spain beat Germany 4-0 but both went through ahead of England and Iceland.
• England prevailed 3-1 in the elite round against Serbia, who came through on home soil as the best runers-up.
• The Czech Republic are making their debut in any UEFA women's finals, while this is also a bow in this tournament for Serbia and Belarus, who will meet on the opening day.
Group stage: 4, 7 & 10 May
Semi-finals: 13 May (Zhodino) – live on Eurosport/Eurosport 2
FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup play-off: 16 May (Minsk)
Final: 16 May (Borisov Arena) – live on Eurosport 2
• The top three finishers at the tournament (the two finalists and the winner of the play-off between the beaten semi-finalists) will qualify for the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup in Jordan from 30 September to 21 October 2016.