Slovakia 0-6 France
The hosts' resistance ended spectacularly as France broke their duck by scoring six times after the interval.
Article top media content
- Marie-Antoinette Katoto comes off the bench at half-time and scores hat-trick
- Katoto opens scoring by heading in Delphine Cascarino's cross on 49 minutes
- Clare Mateo doubles lead by converting Perle Morroni's square ball
- Morroni is the provider again on 53 minutes, teeing up Katoto for her second
- Morroni adds fourth herself before Katoto capitalises on an error to make it five
- Cascarino nets France's sixth with a delightful curled chip from inside the box
- France move onto three points in section but Slovakia beaten again
- Next Group A matches on Monday: Norway v Slovakia, Netherlands v France
Gilles Eyquem, France coach
I'm satisfied by that, and for what it means overall in the group. It was a bit of a nervous first half but we changed things tactically at half-time and that helped us to achieve our main objective, which was to score goals. I thought Marie-Antoinette Katoto was an influential presence on the pitch and brought a lot to the attack. I think it gives us a good position and there will be a little less pressure going into the last game against the Netherlands.