Italy will take on Ukraine and Scotland face the Netherlands after the draw for the European FIFA Women's World Cup play-offs was made in Nyon today.
The four contenders, the best runners-up from the seven European groups, are attempting to take UEFA's eighth and last place in next summer's finals in Canada alongside the section winners.
• Play-off draw
Semi-finals: 25/26 & 29/30 October
Scotland v Netherlands
Italy v Ukraine
Final: 22/23 & 26/27 November
Scotland/Netherlands v Italy/Ukraine
• Qualified teams
AFC: Australia, China, Japan (holders), South Korea, Thailand*
CAF: 3 tbc
CONCACAF: Canada (hosts), 3 + 1 to CONCACAF-CONMEBOL play-off tbc
CONMEBOL: 2 + 1 to CONCACAF-CONMEBOL play-off tbc
OFC: 1 tbc
UEFA: England, France, Germany, Norway, Spain*, Sweden, Switzerland*, play-off winners
• Finals draw: 6 December, Ottowa
• Finals: 6 June–5 July, Canada
• Italy, who qualified in 1991 and 1999, beat Ukraine 3-0 on aggregate during the 2011 play-offs but were to lose to the United States for a finals place.
• Scotland, who have never qualified for a major tournament, defeated the Netherlands 4-3 in the Cyprus Women's Cup earlier this year.
• The Netherlands and Ukraine both qualified for UEFA Women's EURO 2009 via the play-offs, and the Dutch also competed in Sweden 2013, but neither have reached a World Cup finals.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.