The official online home of the UEFA Champions League has been chosen as a finalist in the sports section and shortlisted in the editorial category of the third Annual Lovie Awards.
The official UEFA Champions League website has been chosen as a finalist in the sports section and shortlisted in the editorial category of the third Annual Lovie Awards.
The UEFA Champions League section on UEFA.com, which covers Europe's premier club football competition, has been nominated by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences panel for the European version of their Webby awards (for which the section was nominated earlier this year). The voting for the People's Lovie runs until 10 October.
The UEFA Champions League section has continued to evolve season on season, with key features including:
• Expert commentary, live photos, statistics, analysis, tactical lineups and heat maps tracking every player's movement in our MatchCentre
• Live pre-match and matchday blog coverage from reporters across Europe
• Exclusive video interviews with the competition's top players and coaches
• Extensive social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Google+
• Free video highlights of every fixture
• A Matchday Live audio show with commentaries, interviews and debate plus a post-game podcast
• A range of games including Fantasy Football, Player Rater and Group Predictor
• Behind-the-scenes photography and dedicated match galleries
• A comprehensive statistics section and player profile pages
• NEW: An extensive history section, with in-depth video features on classic games and a chance to win
The rise of the UEFA Champions League site has been especially marked on social media. The competition's official Facebook page has continued to grow, sailing past 11.8 million likes following the start of this season's group stage. Meanwhile, the @ChampionsLeague Twitter account – launched at the beginning of last season – already has in excess of 2.4 million followers, while users can also keep track of the competition on the recently launched Google+ page and the official UEFA.com YouTube channel.
All Lovie Winners will be announced on 15 October and honoured at the 3rd Annual Lovie Awards Winners Party at LSO St Luke's in London, on 13 November.