Holders Portugal are among the eight teams in Pot B after the seedings were confirmed for the UEFA European Under-17 Championship elite round draw at 11:45CET on 13 December.
• There are four seeding pots in accordance with the coefficient ranking list, with the eight countries with the highest coefficients in Pot A – including Germany, who received a bye through the qualifying round – the next eight in Pot B, and so on.
Pot A: Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Russia* England
Pot B: Israel, Cyprus, Turkey, France, Switzerland, Italy, Portugal (holders), Bosnia and Herzegovina
Pot C: Greece, Austria, Serbia, Hungary, Slovakia, Finland, Slovenia, Belarus
Pot D: Belgium, Czech Republic, Montenegro, Poland, Armenia, Norway, Faroe Islands, Ukraine*
*Due to previous decisions by the UEFA Executive Committee and UEFA Emergency Committee, Russia cannot meet Ukraine.
• No group winners from the qualifying round can play the runners-up from the same section. There is no such protection for the best third-placed teams (Czech Republic, Montenegro, Belgium, Armenia, Ukraine)
• The Faroe Islands and Armenia feature at this stage for the first time.
• Each group will comprise one side from each pot, with the hosts then appointed to hold the mini-tournaments, which must be completed by 2 April.
• The eight group winners and the seven runners-up with the best records against the teams first and third in their section will join hosts Croatia in the finals from 3 to 19 May.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.