UEFA.com works better on other browsers
For the best possible experience, we recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

Milik saves Poland a point against Scotland

Poland 2-2 Scotland
Poland remain top of qualifying Group D after a game in which they were ahead and then behind until Arkadiusz Milik's 76th-minute equaliser.

Highlights: Poland v Scotland

Poland remain top of qualifying Group D after the 2-2 draw
Arkadiusz Milik's 76th-minute equaliser salvages a point for the hosts
Scotland avoid defeat in the Polish capital for the second time this year
Gordan Strachan's fourth-placed team have four points from three matches
Next games: Georgia v Poland, Scotland v Republic of Ireland (14 November)

A 76th-minute equaliser from Arkadiusz Milik rescued a draw for Poland, who initially led, against Scotland in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group D.

Section leaders Poland, flush with confidence after their 2-0 defeat of world champions Germany on Saturday, took an early lead through Krzysztof Mączyński's first goal for his country.

A heavy touch from Alan Hutton, trying to cut out Waldemar Sobota's ball into the penalty area, teed up Mączyński and the Guizhou Renhe FC midfielder stroked a shot into the net via the base of David Marshall's left-hand upright.

Scotland's response was swift. Ikechi Anya brought down a pass from Steven Fletcher inside the box and pulled the ball back to Shaun Maloney, who slotted past Wojciech Szczęsny with 18 minutes played.

Milik twice missed the target early in the second period and Poland paid for their profligacy on 57 minutes, Steven Naismith escaping the attentions of Łukasz Piszczek to toe James Morrison's free-kick into the net.

Milik then nodded over the crossbar but was rewarded for his perseverance with little under a quarter of an hour remaining, denying Scotland their second victory in Warsaw this year after Gordon Strachan's team's 1-0 triumph here in March.

Receiving Artur Jędrzejczyk's pass on the left of the area, Milik powered an effort past Marshall. Adam Nawalka's men might have won it, but Kamil Grosicki's strike rattled the woodwork with seven minutes remaining.

Selected for you