Germany are unbeaten in 18 competitive games on home soil as they welcome Martin O'Neill's Republic of Ireland in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group D.
Article top media content
World champions Germany will look to extend their unbeaten run in competitive home games to 18 matches as they welcome the Republic of Ireland in UEFA EURO 2016 Group D.
• Germany's record in 18 fixtures against Ireland reads W9 D4 L5 (W3 D2 L0 in competitive games).
• Germany are unbeaten in 18 competitive matches on home soil (W15 D3) since a 3-0 home loss to the Czech Republic on 17 October 2007.
• The teams last met in 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying; Joachim Löw's side won 6-1 in Dublin on 12 October 2012. It was Ireland's worst result since a 7-0 friendly defeat by Brazil in 1982. Germany won the return fixture 3-0 in Cologne on 11 October the following year.
• Ireland's sole victory in Germany since reunification was a 2-0 friendly success in Hanover on 29 May 1995, Tony Cascarino and Gary Kelly scoring the goals.
• Germany's record in nine UEFA age-group competition meetings with Ireland stands at W4 D3 L2. German clubs' record in 31 UEFA games against Irish counterparts is W23 D5 L3.