Poland's record in eight meetings with UEFA EURO 2016 Group D opponents Scotland reads W3 D3 L2, but they have not had the best of past home encounters.
Article top media content
Poland will want to atone for a friendly defeat earlier this year as Adam Nawałka's side take on Gordon Strachan's Scotland in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying Group D looking to build on Saturday's historic 2-0 win at home to Germany.
• Poland's record in eight encounters with Scotland is W3 D3 L2 (W1 D1 in competitive games), although their home statistics against Scotland are a less impressive W1 D2 L2.
• The teams last met in Warsaw on 5 March this year, Scott Brown (77) scoring the only goal as Gordon Strachan's men got the better of Nawałka and company.
• Scotland got off the mark in Group D with a 1-0 win at home to Georgia on Saturday, when Poland moved onto six points as they claimed their first ever victory over Germany in Warsaw. It was the world champions' first defeat in an away qualifier for 16 years.
• In 21 matches between the nations' clubs in UEFA competition, the Scottish representatives' record is W10 D4 L7. The most recent of these fixtures was Celtic FC's away goals defeat of Legia Warszawa in this season's UEFA Champions League third qualifying round – Celtic being awarded a 3-0 forfeit victory in the second leg due to Legia fielding an ineligible player.
• Poland's Tomasz Brzyski, Jakub Rzeźnicak, Tomasz Jodłowiec, Michał Żyro, Bartosz Bereszyński and Michał Kucharczyk all featured for Legia in the course of that tie; Scotland's Charlie Mulgrew, Callum McGregor, Leigh Griffiths and James Forrest appeared for Celtic.
• Poland have won seven of the nine encounters between these countries in UEFA age-group competitions, with Scotland prevailing just once.