Who is longest unbeaten? Which two sides have won their last four? Who has managed only three in 12? We gauge what shape the 24 teams are in going into UEFA EURO 2016.
Article top media content
Last ten games (most recent first): LWWLDWLLDW
- A year ago Albania beat France 1-0 but since sealing a first major tournament appearance they have had a mixed time, including narrow losses to fellow finalists Austria and Ukraine.
Last ten games: WWWWLWWWWW
- Since the 2014 FIFA World Cup, EURO hosts France have won 14 of their 20 friendly matches, including victories over Spain, Sweden, Portugal (twice), the Netherlands, Russia and Germany.
Last ten games: WLDDWDWDDD
- Romania had the best defence in qualifying, conceding just two goals and finishing undefeated. They conceded twice as many in the space of 17 minutes on 29 May as their 15-game unbeaten run ended with a 4-3 defeat by Ukraine.
Last ten games: WLLLWLWWLW
- Switzerland have lost four of their six friendlies since concluding their qualifying campaign but won last time out, against Moldova. Since September 2014 they have drawn just two matches.
Last ten games: WWWLWWLWWW
- It was a perfect ten wins from ten matches in qualifying for Roy Hodgson's men, who have won five friendlies since including a stirring 3-2 turnaround in Berlin against Germany. Losses to the Netherlands and Spain spoiled their copybook.
Last ten games: DLLWLWWWWW
- Leonid Slutski's team won their last four qualifiers to earn automatic qualification but have since fallen to friendly defeats by Czech Republic, France and Croatia. They have managed one victory in five.
Last ten games: DWWDDWWWLD
- Ján Kozák's side are eight matches unbeaten, laying down a real marker on 29 May when they stunned Germany 3-1 in Augsburg. They have also beaten fellow finalists Iceland and Switzerland.
Last ten games: LLDLWLDWWW
- Wales's first major tournament since 1958 is a cause for celebration; one victory in their last seven matches is not. They played just one friendly in the immediate lead-up to EURO: losing 3-0 in Sweden.
Last ten games: WLWLLWLWWW
- The world champions' friendly form since qualifying has been mixed, with losses to Slovakia, England and France alongside convincing wins against Hungary and Italy.
Last ten games: DWWDWDWDWD
- Michael O'Neill's side head into UEFA EURO 2016 a national record 12 games unbeaten. Their last defeat came over 14 months ago, losing 1-0 to Scotland in a friendly.
Last ten games: DLWWWWWDWL
- Having finished just a point behind Germany in their qualifying group, Poland enter finals in confident mood despite defeat by the Netherlands and a goalless draw with in their final two warm-up matches.
Last ten games: WWWWDWLWDW
- It's four straight wins for Ukraine since they triumphed over Slovenia in the play-offs to reach UEFA EURO 2016. Mykhailo Fomenko's side lost just three times in qualifying, two of them to holders Spain.
Last ten games: WWDWWWWLDD
- Croatia are seven matches unbeaten, winning six of them, and head into the finals on the back of a national record 10-0 victory over San Marino.
Last ten games: LWWDLLWWLW
- Pavel Vrba's men topped a group including the Netherlands, Iceland and Turkey in qualifying but have been sketchy since booking their place in France. They have won and lost three out of seven.
Last ten games: LWWDDWWWWW
- Vicente del Bosque's side were 11 matches unbeaten, winning nine, before a shock 1-0 loss to Georgia on 7 June – their first defeat in 15 months. They have conceded only five goals in their last 12 games.
Last ten games: WWLWWDWWWW
- Victories over Iceland, Czech Republic and the Netherlands in their final three group games saw Turkey qualify automatically for France. They have won five out of seven in friendlies since – Austria and Sweden among them – all by the odd goal. A 2-1 defeat by England is the only blot.
Last ten games: WDWLWWWWWL
- Marc Wilmots' men have beaten France and Italy in friendlies in the past year, and since qualifying ended they have added the scalp of Switzerland. March's 2-1 loss to Portugal is their ony defeat in nine outings.
Last ten games: WWLDDLWWWW
- The Azzurri were unbeaten in qualifying but have lost momentum in friendlies, a chastening 4-1 loss to Germany the low point of a four-match winless run that ended with back-to-back victories going into the tournament.
Republic of Ireland
Last ten games: LDDWWDLWWW
- Ireland go into their second consecutive EURO on the back of a disappointing 2-1 defeat by Belarus. They have won only once in 2016, a 1-0 win against Switzerland back in March.
Last ten games: WDDLDWWWLL
- Having gone four games without a win, Sweden enjoyed the perfect send-off on 5 June as they claimed a rousing 3-0 home win against Wales.
Last ten games: LWLWLWWWWW
- Austria qualified for the finals unbeaten, with nine wins in ten and just five goals conceded. Confidence has taken a bit of a knock since then, though, with narrow friendly defeats by Swtizerland, Turkey and the Netherlands.
Last ten games: LDDWLWDDWW
- Hungary's preparations for their first EURO since 1972 have been low-key, a 2-0 defeat by Germany following draws against Ivory Coast and Croatia.
Last ten games: WLWLLLWLLL
- Iceland burst out of the blocks in qualifying but their recent form has been decidedly off-colour, with just three wins in their last 12 matches. They beat Liechtenstein last time out, though, Birkir Sævarsson scoring his first international goal in 57 caps.
Last ten games: WLWWLWLWWW
- Portugal won their final seven group matches to earn automatic qualification. Their friendly record over the past year is less immaculate, with 1-0 defeats by England, Bulgaria and Russia, though they did beata Estonia 7-0 on Thursday.