The inaugural UEFA Europa Conference League first qualifying round draw took place on 15 June.
Article top media content
First qualifying round draw
Levadia Tallinn (EST)* vs St Joseph's (GIB)
Inter Turku (FIN) vs Puskás Akadémia (HUN)*
Dečić (MNE) vs Drita (KOS)*
Sūduva (LTU)* vs Valmiera (LVA)
La Fiorita 1967 (SMR)* vs Birkirkara (MLT)
Mons Calpe (GIB) vs Santa Coloma (AND)*
Velež (BIH) vs Coleraine (NIR)*
Domžale (SVN)* vs Swift Hesper (LUX)
Shkupi 1987 (MKD)* vs Llapi (KOS)
Dinamo Batumi (GEO) vs Tre Penne (SMR)*
Sfintul Gheorghe (MDA) vs Partizani (ALB)*
Maribor (SVN)* vs Urartu (ARM)
Laçi (ALB)* vs Podgorica (MNE)
Milsami Orhei (MDA) vs FK Sarajevo (BIH)*
Noah (ARM) vs KuPS Kuopio (FIN)*
Žilina (SVK)* vs Dila Gori (GEO)
FH Hafnarfjördur (ISL)* vs Sligo Rovers (IRL)
Paide Linnameeskond (EST) vs Śląsk Wrocław (POL)*
RFS (LVA) vs KÍ Klaksvík (FRO)*
Bala Town (WAL)* vs Larne (NIR)
Fehérvár FC (HUN)* vs Ararat Yerevan (ARM)
Gagra (GEO) vs Sutjeska (MNE)*
Sileks (MKD) vs Petrocub-Hincesti (MDA)*
Široki Brijeg (BIH)* vs Vllaznia (ALB)
Stjarnan (ISL)* vs Bohemians (IRL)
Glentoran (NIR) vs The New Saints (WAL)*
Sant Julià (AND) vs Gzira United FC (MLT)*
Europa (GIB)* vs Kauno Žalgiris (LTU)
Dundalk (IRL)* vs Newtown (WAL)
Spartak Trnava (SVK)* vs Mosta (MLT)
Struga (MKD) vs Liepāja (LVA)*
Racing FC Union Lëtzebuerg (LUX) vs Breidablik (ISL)*
Honka Espoo (FIN) vs NSÍ Runavík (FRO)*
Among the 66 teams involved were two from Albania, where the first final will be played in Tirana on 25 May. The winners at this stage advance to the second qualifying round.UEFA Europa Conference League explained
In all, 66 teams feature in the first qualifying round. The UEFA administration formed groups and seeded clubs according to the UEFA club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season.
The clubs were divided into seven groups of eight teams (Groups 1 to 7), and one group of ten teams (Group 8), according to the above-mentioned UEFA club coefficient rankings.
Within each of the eight groups, the clubs were split into an equal number of seeded and unseeded sides (33 seeded teams and 33 unseeded teams in total).
Groups 1 to 7
- All the clubs in each of the first seven groups were randomly assigned a number: 1 to 4 for the seeded teams and 5 to 8 for the unseeded teams.
- Two bowls were prepared, one for the seeded teams (four balls containing slips numbered 1 to 4) and the other for the unseeded teams (four balls containing slips numbered 5 to 8).
- A ball was taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl, where they were shuffled. One of the two balls was drawn at random, then opened to display the number it contains. The second ball was drawn and opened to complete the pairing. The result applied to all seven groups.
- All the clubs in the group were randomly assigned a number: 1 to 5 for the seeded teams and 6 to 10 for the unseeded teams.
- Two bowls were prepared, one for the seeded teams (five balls containing slips of paper numbered 1 to 5) and the other for the unseeded teams (five balls containing slips of paper numbered 6 to 10).
- A ball was taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl, where they were shuffled. One of the two balls was drawn at random, then opened to display the number it contains. The second ball was drawn and opened to complete the pairing. The first ball drawn designates the home team for the first leg.
- The same procedure was carried out with the remaining balls to complete the pairings.
Road to Tirana: season calendar
First qualifying round draw: 15 June
Second qualifying round draw: 16 June
First qualifying round: 8 & 15 July
Third qualifying round draw: 19 July
Second qualifying round: 22 & 29 July
Play-off round draw: 2 August
Third qualifying round: 5 & 12 August
Play-offs: 19 & 26 August
Group stage draw: 27 August
Group stage: 16 & 30 September, 21 October, 4 & 25 November, 9 December
Knockout round play-off draw: 13 December
Knockout round play-offs: 17 & 24 February
Round of 16 draw: 25 February
Round of 16: 10 & 17 March
Quarter-finals & Semi-final draw: 18 March
Quarter-finals: 7 & 14 April
Semi-finals: 28 April & 5 May
Final: 25 May (National Arena, Tirana)
Special COVID rules
Please be aware of the special rules applicable to the qualifying phase and play-offs of the competition due to COVID-19, which can be found here.
In regards to travelling fans being admitted to matches, more information can be found here.