Barça, KPRF, Murcia, Tyumen into Futsal Champions League finals: elite round report
Sunday, 24 November 2019
Spanish duo Barça and Murcia, and Russian debutants KPRF and Tyumen are into the finals.
Article top media content
The UEFA Futsal Champions League elite round has produced the four 2019/20 finalists
- Through: Barça (ESP), KPRF (RUS), Murcia FS (ESP), Tyumen (RUS)
Elite round groups
Through: KPRF (RUS, hosts)
Eliminated: Dobovec (SVN), Halle-Gooik (BEL), Mostar SG (BIH)
- Debutants KPRF came from behind against Dobovec in Moscow to prevail 5-2 for the win the Russian side needed to reach the finals at their opponents’ expense.
- Both teams had beaten Halle-Gooik and Mostar, the first Bosnian team to reach the elite round since Tango Sarajevo in 2013/14.
Through: Tyumen (RUS, hosts)
Eliminated: Sporting CP (POR, holders), Novo Vrijeme (CRO), Ayat (KAZ)
- Tyumen beat fellow debutants Ayat and drew with Novo Vrijeme before defeating holders Sporting 3-1 to reach the finals.
- Tyumen’s Bruno Taffy had previously helped Inter FS beat Sporting in the 2018 final.
Through: Murcia FS (ESP)
Eliminated: Pesaro (ITA), Benfica (POR), Kairat Almaty (KAZ, hosts)
- Murcia beat two former champions in Kairat (just as in the main round) and Benfica, before two late goals gave them a 3-3 draw against Pesaro, the record eighth different Italian club to grace the elite round.
- Murcia are into the finals for the first time since finishing runners-up in 2008.
- In their penultimate game, Kairat became the first club to reach 80 games in this competition.
Through: Barça (ESP)
Eliminated: Kherson (UKR), Sparta Praha (CZE), Stalitsa Minsk (BLR, hosts)
- Barça went through with a game to spare after beating debutants Sparta and Kherson, coached by Javi Rodriguez, before seeing off Stalitsa.
- It will be Barça’s seventh finals appearance in the post-2006/07 competition system, one off Kairat’s record.