The contenders will be drawn into eight single-legged ties to be played from 16 to 21 February.
Article top media content
The UEFA Futsal Champions League round of 16 draw split the contenders into eight single-legged ties to be played from 16 to 21 February. The winners of those ties will progress to the eight-team knockout finals from 28 April to 3 May at Minsk Arena. The contenders were decided by the round of 32 which ended on Saturday.
Round of 16 draw
Inter FS (ESP) vs Kherson (UKR)
Aktobe (KAZ) vs Dobovec (SVN)
Kairat Almaty (KAZ) vs United Galati (ROU)
Olmissum (CRO) vs KPRF (RUS)
Benfica (POR) vs Berettyóújfalu (HUN)
Ugra Yugorsk (RUS) vs Vytis (LTU)
Barça (ESP, holders) vs ACCS Asnières Villeneuve 92 (FRA)
Sporting CP (POR) vs Chrudim (CZE)
- Barça became only the second three-time champions last season.
- Five-time winners Inter FS are joined by other fellow former champions Sporting CP, Kairat Almaty, Benfica and Ugra.
- Inter beat Kherson 3-0 in the 2018/19 main round
- Sporting beat Chrudim 3-2 in the 2004/05 first qualifying round but the Czech side held the eventual runners-up 4-4 in the 2010/11 elite round in Odivelas, equalising with ten seconds left.
- Kairat are in a record 17th campaign.
- KPRF won bronze on debut in 2019/20.
- Olmissum, United Galati and ACCS (the new home of Ricardinho and Ortiz) are through on debut.
- Aktobe are the other team in the last 16 for the first time, having missed out on the elite round on debut last season.
- Began in preliminary round: Kherson, Chrudim, Vytis, Olmissum, Berettyóújfalu, United Galati, ACCS.
- No teams from Slovenia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Romania or France have reached a UEFA futsal club final tournament while no Croatian team have made a four-team event but MNK Split did compete in the previous eight-team event in Lisbon in 2001/02, getting to the semis.
Finals match system
Quarter-final 1: Team ranked 1 vs Team ranked 8
Quarter-final 2: Team ranked 2 vs Team ranked 7
Quarter-final 3: Team ranked 3 vs Team ranked 6
Quarter-final 4: Team ranked 4 vs Team ranked 5
Semi-final 1: Winner quarter-final 1 vs Winner quarter-final 4
Semi-final 2: Winner quarter-final 2 vs Winner quarter-final 3
Final: Winner semi-final 1 vs Winner semi-final 2
- Two pots of eight teams were formed (seeded and unseeded) based on each club's coefficient ranking.
- One ball was drawn from each pot and placed into a third bowl. The first ball drawn from this bowl will be the home team and the second the away team.
- Due to decisions of the UEFA Executive Committee, Russian and Ukrainian teams cannot meet. To ensure this, Kherson of Ukraine were drawn first into tie 1, against one of the six possible seeded teams in Pot 1 (i.e. not KPRF or Ugra), either as home or away team. After this tie was drawn, the balls containing the Russian clubs were added to the seeded teams and the draw continued.
- All UEFA futsal matches must be played behind closed doors until further notice.
Barça (ESP, holders) coefficient 69.001
Inter FS (ESP) 60.667
Sporting CP (POR) 57.999
Kairat Almaty (KAZ) 35.667
Benfica (POR) 33.332
KPRF (RUS) 24.000
Ugra Yugorsk (RUS) 20.333
Aktobe (KAZ) 16.000
Dobovec (SVN) 14.501
Kherson (UKR) 14.000
Chrudim (CZE) 10.333
Vytis (LTU) 7.749
Olmissum (CRO) 6.834
Berettyóújfalu (HUN) 6.500
United Galati (ROU) 3.667
ACCS Asnières Villeneuve 92 (FRA) 2.084