The preliminary round will be played from 21 to 25 August, with eight four-team mini-tournament groups now formed.
Article top media content
The UEFA Futsal Champions League returns to its regular format for 2021/22 and the season begins with the preliminary round from 21 to 25 August.
Four nations (Spain, Portugal, Russia and Kazakhstan) enter two clubs and those countries' eight representatives – including holders Sporting CP – are among the 23 sides with the highest coefficients who receive byes to the main round, which will be drawn on 30 August.
The other 32 teams start in the preliminary round, with eight groups of four played as single-venue mini-tournaments. The group winners and best runner-up go through to join the clubs entering in the main round.Preliminary round: full details
Preliminary round groups (21–25 August)
Group A: Luxol St Andrews Futsal (MLT), Proekt (MKD, hosts), Dolphins Ashdod (ISR), Cefn Druids (WAL)
Group B: Futsal Minerva (SUI, hosts), Dinamo Plus (MDA), Varna City (BUL), Fiorentino (SMR)
Group C: Haladás VSE (HUN), Differdange (LUX), KF Tirana (ALB, hosts), Utleira Idrettslag (NOR)
Group D: JB Futsal Gentofte (DEN), SMS Viimsi (EST, hosts), Hammarby (SWE), Sparta Belfast (NIR)
Group E: KMF FON (SRB), MFC CIU (GEO), Blue Magic FC Dublin (IRL), Titograd (MNE, hosts)
Group F: Araz Naxçivan (AZE), Kampuksen Dynamo (FIN), Raba (LVA, hosts), Europa (GIB)
Group G: APOEL (CYP), Doukas (GRE, hosts), Diamant Linz (AUT), Encamp (AND)
Group H: Weilimdorf (GER, hosts), Liqeni (KOS), London Helvecia (ENG), Tavşançalı (TUR)
• Debuts: Proekt, Tavşançalı, Cefn Druids, Europa, Liqeni, CIU, Haladás, FON.
• 2014 bronze-medallists Araz are making their 16th appearance (behind only Kairat Almaty), Encamp their 15th.
• Dinamo Plus previously entered as Dinamo Chişinău.
Preliminary round: 21–25 August
Main round draw: 16:00 CET, 30 August
Main round: 26–31 October
Elite round draw: 14:00 CET, 3 November
Elite round: 30 November–5 December
Finals draw: TBC
Finals: 28/29 April & 30 April/1 May (TBC)
How the draw worked
• The clubs were split into four seeding pots based on their coefficient.
• Eight teams starting in the preliminary round were pre-selected as mini-tournament hosts and drawn separately, from Pot 1, before being placed in their appropriate seeding position.
• The remaining sides in seeding position 4 were drawn next and placed in the remaining slots for position 4 in the groups.
• The clubs in position 3 (Pot 3), position 2 (Pot 4) and position 1 (Pot 5) were drawn to fill the remaining places in the groups.
• Based on decisions taken by the UEFA Executive Committee, clubs from Kosovo and Serbia could not be drawn into the same group.
Pot 1: hosts
Weilimdorf (GER, seeding position 1)
Futsal Mineva (SUI, 1)
Proekt (MKD, 2)
Doukas (GRE, 2)
SMS Viimsi (EST, 2)
Raba (LVA, 3)
KF Tirana (ALB, 3)
Titograd (MNE, 4)
Pot 2: seeding position 4
Utleira Idrettslag (NOR)
Cefn Druids (WAL)
Sparta Belfast (NIR)
Pot 3: seeding position 3
London Helvecia (ENG)
Varna City (BUL)
Diamant Linz (AUT)
Blue Magic FC Dublin (IRL)
Dolphins Ashdod (ISR)
Pot 4: seeding position 2
Kampuksen Dynamo (FIN)
MFC CIU (GEO)
Dinamo Plus (MDA)
Pot 5: seeding position 1
Luxol St. Andrews Futsal (MLT)
Araz Naxçivan (AZE)
JB Futsal Gentofte (DEN)
Haladás VSE (HUN)
KMF FON (SRB)
Teams entering in main round
Sporting CP (POR, holders)
Kairat Almaty (KAZ)
Sinara Ekaterinburg (RUS)
Kauno Žalgiris (LTU)
Record Bielsko-Biała (POL)
Mostar SG (BIH)
ACCS Asnières Villeneuve 92 (FRA)
SK Plzeň (CZE)
United Galati (ROU)
Viten Orsha (BLR)
Uragan Ivano-Frankivsk (UKR)
Belgian entrants TBC (BEL)