Inter FS have reached the finals and the likes of Benfica, Sporting CP, Kairat and Barça hope to join them.
Article top media content
Inter FS have clinched a UEFA Futsal Champions League place and three more sides will join them in April as the elite round runs until Sunday.
Group A (ends Saturday)
Winners: Inter FS (ESP, holders)
Group B (ends Sunday)
Can qualify: TTG-Ugra Yugorsk (RUS), Barça (ESP, hosts) - Ugra must beat fellow former champions Barça on Sunday to beat them to finals
Group C (ends Sunday)
Can qualify: Benfica (POR), Sporting CP (POR, hosts) - Benfica must beat Sporting on Sunday to beat them to finals
Group D (ends Saturday)
Can qualofy: Kairat Almaty (KAZ), EP Chrudim (CZE, hosts) - Chrudim can only pip Kairat if they beat them on Saturday. If A&S Futsal Pescara beat LSM Lida in the early game, Chrudim would need to win by a four-goal margin to finish above Kairat.
- The four group winners will progress to the knockout finals, with one of those clubs appointed hosts for the event on 25 or 26 and 27 or 28 April.
- Inter, aiming for a record third title in a row and sixth overall, are the first side to reach the four-team finals four years running.
- 2010 winners Benfica and three-time runners-up Sporting have met in 12 Portuguese play-off finals but never in Europe.
- Sporting CP have reached three finals, losing the last two to Inter.
- Twice champions Kairat have been ever present in all 13 elite rounds under this format and hope to reach a record seventh final four; Chrudrim are in their 11th but are yet to reach the finals (and have lost to Kairat four times in this round).
- A&S Futsal Pescara are the seventh different Italian side to reach the elite round, one more than Ukraine.
- Novo Vrijeme and Sibiryak, in Benfica and Sporting's group, were the other two competition debutants remaining.
- Preliminary round survivors Vytis, who are in Inter's group, were the first Lithuanian team to reach the elite round, the 32nd different nation to be represented.
- Record Bielsko-Biała, who also came through the preliminary round, also reached the elite round for the first time.
- Juozas Lubas of Vytis became the youngest-ever player to be in an elite round line-up against Halle-Gooik on Wednesday at 16 years 176 days.