The draw was made prior to the competition being cancelled.
Article top media content
'The 2020/21 edition of the UEFA Youth League was cancelled on 17 February.
The UEFA Youth League round of 64 draw, made on 27 January by UEFA chief of football development and former Ajax, Inter, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil player Maxwell Schurrer alongside UEFA head of club competitions Michael Heselschwerdt, has set the single-legged knockout ties that begin the reformatted season on 2 and 3 March.
The teams are split into two paths as usual: UEFA Champions League path (usually played in groups) and Domestic champions path. They will merge for the round of 16.
UEFA Champions League path ties
Olympiacos (GRE) vs Manchester City (ENG)
Internazionale Milano (ITA) vs Bayern München (GER)
Sevilla (ESP) vs Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) vs Porto (POR)
Ajax (NED) vs Krasnodar (RUS)
Manchester United (ENG) vs Real Madrid (ESP, holders)
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR) vs Club Brugge (BEL)
Atalanta (ITA) vs RB Leipzig (GER)
Zenit (RUS) vs Rennes (FRA)
Juventus (ITA) vs Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Midtjylland (DEN) vs Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
Chelsea (ENG) vs Salzburg (AUT)
Liverpool (ENG) vs Marseille (FRA)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) vs Barcelona (ESP)
Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS) vs Ferencváros (HUN)
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER) vs Lazio (ITA)
Domestic champions path ties
Górnik Zabrze (POL) vs PAOK (GRE)
Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) vs Celta de Vigo (ESP)
APOEL (CYP) vs Viitorul (ROU)
Apolonia (ALB) vs Győr (HUN)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) vs Rosenborg (NOR)
Hammarby (SWE) vs Waterford (IRL)
Galatasaray (TUR) vs AZ Alkmaar (NED)
Rangers (SCO) vs Köln (GER)
Angers (FRA) vs Crvena zvezda (SRB)
Genk (BEL) vs Žilina (SVK)
Sparta Praha (CZE) vs Benfica (POR)
Basel (SUI) vs Odense (DEN)
Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA) vs Kairat Almaty (KAZ)
Chertanovo (RUS) vs Maccabi Haifa (ISR)
Dinamo Minsk (BLR) vs Ludogorets (BUL)
Shkëndija (MKD) vs Gabala (AZE)
- Ajax, Atlético, Barcelona, Bayern, Benfica, Juventus, Manchester City, Paris, Porto and Real Madrid keep up their record of entering all eight editions since the first in 2013/14.
- Holders Madrid are joined by two-time champions Barcelona and Chelsea, plus fellow former winners Porto and Salzburg.
- Benfica were runners-up for the third time last season; Paris and Shakhtar are also former finalists.
- Shakhtar drew 1-1 home and away with Porto in the 2014/15 group stage on their way to the final.
- Midtjylland beat Atletico 5-4 on penalties in the 2015/16 play-offs following a 4-4 draw.
- Debutants: Angers, Apolonia, AZ Alkmaar, Celta Vigo, Chertanovo, Dinamo Minsk, Ferencváros, Górnik Zabrze, Györ, İstanbul Başakşehir, Köln, Lazio, Odense, Olimpija Ljubljana, Waterford.
- Celta take the number of different Spanish entrants to 11, one more than France and Germany.
Draw and match dates
Round of 64: 2 & 3 March
Round of 32 draw: 12 March (morning)
Round of 16 onwards draw: 12 March (afternoon)
Round of 32: 6 & 7 April
Round of 16: 20 & 21 April
Quarter-finals: 4 & 5 May
Semi-finals (Colovray Stadium, Nyon): 17 May
Final (Colovray Statdium, Nyon): 20 May
As usual, the 32 clubs that competed in the UEFA Champions League group stage participate in the UEFA Champions League path. They are joined by the 32 domestic youth champions from the highest-ranked associations whose senior side did not compete in the UEFA Champions League group stage, taking part in the domestic champions path.
The two paths will run separately for the rounds of 64 and 32, before merging for the round of 16 onwards.
- The 32 UEFA Champions League path teams were divided into four groups of eight teams. No teams were seeded.
- Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.
- Due to decisions of the UEFA Executive Committee, clubs from Russia and Ukraine cannot be drawn against each other.
- For each of the four groups, one pot was prepared with eight balls, each containing the name of one UEFA Champions League path team.
- Starting with group 1, the eight balls were placed in a large central bowl and shuffled.
- Two balls were drawn from the bowl. Those teams will play each other, with the first team drawn playing the single-leg match at home.
- The previous step was carried out with the remaining balls in the bowl to complete all the pairings for the group.
- The last three steps were then carried out for the other groups.
- The 32 Domestic Champions path teams were similarly divided into four groups of eight teams, and the same procedure repeated.
UEFA Champions League path draw
Bayern München (GER)
Manchester City (ENG)
Internazionale Milano (ITA)
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
RB Leipzig (GER)
Real Madrid (ESP, holders)
Manchester United (ENG)
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)
Club Brugge (BEL)
Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER)
Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Domestic champions path draw
Celta Vigo (ESP)
Górnik Zabrze (POL)
Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN)
AZ Alkmaar (NED)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Sparta Praha (CZE)
Crvena zvezda (SRB)
Dinamo Minsk (BLR)
Kairat Almaty (KAZ)
Maccabi Haifa (ISR)
Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA)