UEFA.com works better on other browsers
For the best possible experience, we recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

Barcelona first through to knockout stage

FC Barcelona have become the first team to qualify for the last 16 of the UEFA Youth League, with Real Madrid CF and PFC CSKA Moskva now close to joining them.

Group D leaders CSKA will reach the last 16 if they avoid defeat against Bayern on 27 November
Group D leaders CSKA will reach the last 16 if they avoid defeat against Bayern on 27 November ©Getty Images

Group A
FC Shakhtar Donetsk 2-2 Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Leverkusen gained their first point in dramatic fashion, scoring twice in added time, but it was not sufficient to keep their last-16 hopes alive. The visitors dominated the first period and were unlucky to go into the break trailing to an own goal from Leon Heine, who turned in Ihor Kyryukhantsev's cross. Viktor Kovalenko doubled the Pitmen's lead before the hour, and though the German side's captain Maximilian Wagener had a penalty saved by Bogdan Sarnavskiy, the same player made amends in the 91st minute as the Werkself pressed. Substitute Björn Rother completed an unlikely recovery.

Real Sociedad de Fútbol 0-2 Manchester United FC
Nicky Butt's United avenged their 1-0 defeat by La Real last time out, triumphing in San Sebastian thanks to goals from skipper James Wilson and Joe Rothwell. The English team now trail their table-topping opponents by three points and second-placed Shakhtar by one heading into their 27 November encounter with eliminated Leverkusen.        

Group B
Juventus 0-2 Real Madrid CF
The Bianconeri paid a high price for wasting two gilt-edged chances when the visitors broke the deadlock after 36 minutes, Cristian Cedrés teeing up Javier Muñoz Jimenez who drilled high into the roof of the net.  The hosts probed for an equaliser but their hopes evaporated as defender Felipe Sáez Carrillo curled in a free-kick in stoppage time. 

FC København 2-2 Galatasaray AŞ
Both sides led in an entertaining match at Østerbro Stadion. Altuğ Taş gave bottom-placed Galatasaray an advantage which was cancelled out after 29 minutes by Kristján Flóki Finnbogason, finishing off a fine move initiated by Yones Felfel. The high tempo continued in the second half, FCK gaining the upper hand when Marcus Mathisen headed a corner across the goal and Mads Nordam was there to meet it. İbrahim Coşkun equalised a quarter of an hour later, superbly volleying Altuğ's delivery into the top corner.

Group D
FC Viktoria Plzeň 1-4 FC Bayern München
Bayern improved their qualifying prospects with a comfortable victory – two goals from Simon Seferings and Gianluca Gaudino's penalty giving them a three-goal cushion inside 18 minutes. Although Ondřej Ruml pulled one back for Plzeň, who are now out of contention after a fourth loss, Seferings completed his hat-trick with 19 minutes left as the German selection moved onto six points. "It is a great privilege to take part in this competition and I really hope there is a bright future for it," said Bayern coach Heiko Vogel. "I have 13 students in my team and I take my hat off to them for doing so well in these matches and at school."

Manchester City FC 1-2 PFC CSKA Moskva
The visitors edged an absorbing contest to go clear of their opponents at the Group D summit. City led through Seko Fofana's 21st-minute goal and were largely on top until CSKA, who hit the woodwork through Aleksandr Makarov before the interval, seized the initiative after the restart. Aleksandr Golovin levelled midway through the second period after good work from Dmitri Efremov and, on 78 minutes, Nikita Chernov nodded in Svyatoslav Georgievski's free-kick to seal the comeback. City ramped up the pressure, yet when Jason Denayer's header clattered the bar in the dying seconds the game was up.

Group H
AFC Ajax 2-1 Celtic FC
Anwar El Ghazi's second-half double and two penalty saves from man-of-the-match Xavier Mous brought Ajax their first win on a wet night in Duivendrecht. Joseph Thomson opened the scoring for Celtic before the half-hour mark, finishing off a swift counterattack. On the cusp of half-time, Paul McMullan was fouled by Leroy Owusu and Mous guessed correctly to keep out Lewis Kidd's spot kick and prevent the Dutch side falling further behind. El Ghazi turned the game around with goals in the 60th and 88th minutes, but only another stop from Mous, atoning for bringing down McMullan, secured maximum points. 

FC Barcelona 1-1 AC Milan
Beaten 6-2 by Barcelona two weeks ago, Milan were 11 minutes from upsetting the section leaders, who qualified despite failing to register their fourth straight victory. Missing influential striker Toni Sanabria, who scored twice on matchday three, the hosts fell behind when Bryan Cristante unleashed a powerful strike into the top corner from 25 metres after a lay-off from Luca Vido. Barça tried to play in their trademark style but, with the Rossoneri solid in defence, chances were at a premium. However, with time running out, captain Elohor Godswill headed in Jordi Ortega's long ball and sent the Azugrana through.

Reporting team: Claire Gray, Rico Candido, Viktor Sharafudinov, Ondřej Zlámal, Ben Gladwell, Pelle Rasmussen, Dmitri Mamykin