Benfica, Manchester City and holders Chelsea have clinched top-two finishes but who could join them on matchday five, and who could win their groups? We explain.
Article top media content
• The eight group winners progress to home ties in the round of 16 on 22/23 February
• The eight runners-up will be drawn away to the eight Domestic Champions path second-round winners on 14 December to play-off for the remaining round of 16 places on 9/10 December
• The draw for the round of 16 onwards is on 15 February
• Watch live streams of four games this week
Guaranteed top-two finish: Benfica, Manchester City, Chelsea
Eliminated: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Astana
- TUESDAY 24 NOVEMBER: GROUPS E, F, G & H
Group E: BATE (1) v Leverkusen (7), Barcelona (8) v Roma (5) - live streamed on UEFA.com
• Barcelona will seal a top-two finish with a win, and in that case would clinch a round of 16 place if Leverkusen lose.
• Leverkusen will secure a top-two finish if they win and Roma do not.
• Roma will be out if lose and Leverkusen win.
• BATE need to win by a two-goal margin or 1-0, and also hope Roma fail to win.
Group F: Bayern München (1) v Olympiacos (4), Arsenal (10) v Dinamo Zagreb (7)
• Arsenal will clinch a round of 16 place with a draw and even if they lose will be assured a top-two finish as long as Olympiacos do not win.
• Dinamo will be through if they draw and Olympiacos fail to win.
• Olympiacos will be out if they draw and Dinamo avoid defeat.
• Bayern must win and hope Dinamo lose.
Group G: Porto (7) v Dynamo Kyiv (4), Maccabi Tel-Aviv (1) v Chelsea (10)
• Holders Chelsea, already through, will wrap up the group and a round of 16 place if they pick up more points than Porto.
• Porto will be assured of a top-two finish if they defeat Dynamo.
• Dynamo beat Porto 2-1 on matchday one so will remain in contention if they draw.
• Maccabi have been eliminated.
Group H: Zenit (3) v Valencia (9), Lyon (9) v Gent (3) - live streamed on UEFA.com
• Valencia and Lyon both know a draw would clinch a top-two finish. First place cannot be decided as they meet on 9 December.
• Zenit and Gent both know only a win can keep them in contention.
- WEDNESDAY 25 NOVEMBER: GROUPS A, B, C & D
Group A: Shakhtar Donetsk (4 points) v Real Madrid (6), Malmö (5) v Paris Saint-Germain (7)
• Paris will seal a top-two finish with a win, and clinch a round of 16 place if they win and the other game is drawn.
• Real Madrid will seal a top-two finish with a win if Paris also win.
• Malmö will be out if they lose and Madrid win.
• Shakhtar will be out if they lose.
Group B: CSKA Moskva (8) v Wolfsburg (4), Manchester United (5) v PSV Eindhoven (4)
• CSKA will seal a top-two finish with a draw, and will clinch a round of 16 place with a win or if both game are drawn.
• Manchester United will be assured of a play-off place if both they and CSKA win.
• Wolfsburg will be eliminated if they lose and United win.
• PSV will be eliminated with a defeat.
Group C: Astana (0) v Benfica (12), Atlético Madrid (9) v Galatasaray (3)
• Benfica have a top-two finish assured thanks to what is already a record goal tally in a four-team UEFA club competition group and will clinch a round of 16 place if they pick up more points than Atlético.
• Atlético will clinch a top-two finish with any result better than a defeat by a two-goal margin or better, or even a 2-0 loss, having won 3-1 at Galatasaray on matchday one.
• Galatasaray must win by a two-goal margin or more, other than 2-0, to remain in contention for the play-offs.
• Astana are eliminated.
• City have a top-two finish assured and will clinch a round of 16 place with victory, or if they pick up the same number of points as Sevilla.
• Sevilla will clinch a top-two finish with victory or if they draw and Juventus fail to win.
• Juventus will be eliminated if they lose, or if they draw and Sevilla do not lose, or if Juve win and Sevilla also win.
• Mönchengladbach will be eliminated if they fail to win.