Holders FC Barcelona, runners-up in their group, will travel to Belgium to play RSC Anderlecht in the last 16. Should Jordi Vinyals's charges prevail, they could face Real Madrid CF in the quarter-finals.
Manchester City FC – the only team to win all six group matches this season – will host FC Schalke 04, the German side having finished second in their section behind Chelsea FC. Chelsea take on FC Zenit with the incentive of a possible London derby against Arsenal FC in the next round.
Round of 16 draw
1. SL Benfica (POR) v Liverpool FC (ENG)
2. AFC Ajax (NED) v AS Roma (ITA)
3. Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP) v Arsenal FC (ENG)
4. Real Madrid CF (ESP) v FC Porto (POR)
5. FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) v Olympiacos FC (GRE)
6. SC Anderlecht (BEL) v FC Barcelona (ESP, holders)
7. Manchester City FC (ENG) v FC Schalke 04 (GER)
8. Chelsea FC (ENG) v FC Zenit (RUS)
• Dates to be confirmed, matches on 17/18/24/25 February.
1. Winner of match 2 v Winner of match 7
2. Winner of match 8 v Winner of match 3
3. Winner of match 1 v Winner of match 5
4. Winner of match 6 v Winner of match 4
• Matches on 10/11/17/18 March
Final tournament (Colovray Stadium, Nyon)
Semi-finals (10 April)
1. Winner of QF1 v Winner of QF2
2. Winner of QF4 v Winner of QF3
Final (13 April)
Winner of SF2 v Winner of SF1
— UEFA Youth League (@UEFAYouthLeague) December 15, 2014
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.