The 16-team 2016/17 finals in Croatia will begin with the qualifying round in September and decide Europe's five places at the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup in India.
Article top media content
- Croatia will stage the 2016/17 final tournament next May.
Qualifying round draw
Group 1 (23-28 September): Bosnia and Herzegovina, Russia, Moldova*, Latvia
Group 2 (15-20 October): Republic of Ireland, Greece, Kazakhstan, Andorra*
Group 3 (21-26 October): Switzerland, Czech Republic, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg*
Group 4 (26-31 October): Serbia, Italy*, Albania, FYR Macedonia
Group 5 (20-25 October): Slovenia*, France, Montenegro, Estonia
Group 6 (25-30 October): England, Austria, Romania*, Azerbaijan
Group 7 (28 September-3 October): Hungary*, Netherlands, Denmark, Liechtenstein
Group 8 (28 September-3 October): Georgia, Sweden, Finland*, Bulgaria
Group 9 (19-24 September): Spain, Slovakia, San Marino, Northern Ireland*
Group 10 (16-21 September): Scotland, Portugal*, Wales, Malta
Group 11 (26-31 October): Belarus, Belgium, Gibraltar, Cyprus*
Group 12 (1-6 November): Poland, Israel*, Iceland, Armenia
Group 13 (23-28 September): Ukraine, Norway, Turkey, Lithuania*
Bye to elite round: Germany
Bye to final tournament: Croatia (hosts)
• Games to be played next autumn, by 20 November 2016.
• The top two in each group along with the five third-placed teams with the best record against the leading pair will join Germany in the elite round in spring 2017.
• In that round, the eight group winners and seven runners-up with the best record against the teams first and third in their pool will join Croatia in that May's finals.
• The final tournament will also act as the European qualifier for UEFA's five berths in the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup in India, running from 19 August to 10 September.