Former winners meet in U19 draw
Tuesday, 9 June 2015
Hosts Greece have been drawn against the two teams to have lifted the trophy on home soil, Ukraine and France, while holders Germany begin against five-time winners Spain.
Article top media content
Greece will begin their bid to win the UEFA European Under-19 Championship as hosts against the first team to lift the trophy on home soil, Ukraine, after the final tournament draw was made in Katerini by Giorgos Karagounis and Jim Boyce, chairman of the UEFA Youth and Amateur Football Committee.
Group A: Greece (hosts), Ukraine, Austria, France
Group B: Germany (holders), Spain, Netherlands, Russia
• Greece will begin their campaign against Ukraine, the first hosts to win the trophy in 2009.
• The only other team to win as hosts, France in 2010, are also in their group alongside three-time semi-finalists Austria.
• Holders Germany will begin Group B against the team with the most U19 titles, five-time winners Spain.
• Russia, who hope to become the first nation to win the U19 title two years after taking the U17 crown, open versus the Netherlands.
Tournament calendar - final match schedule tbc
• Group A games: 6, 9, 12 July
• Group B games: 7, 10, 13 July
• Semi-finals: 16 July (Katerini, Larissa)
• Final: 19 July (Katerini)
• Venues: Municipal Stadium, Katerini; AEL FC Arena, Larissa; Municipal Stadium, Veria
• Eurosport will provide extensive coverage of the final tournament.