Hosts Georgia have been drawn with the Czech Republic, Sweden and Portugal in Group A for July's finals while Germany, England, Bulgaria and the Netherlands are in Group B.
Article top media content
The UEFA European Under-19 Championship draw has been made in Tbilisi.
Group A: Georgia (hosts), Czech Republic, Sweden, Portugal
Group B: Germany, England, Bulgaria, Netherlands
Calendar (match schedule tbc)
Group A: 2, 5, 8 July
Group B: 3, 6, 9 July
Semi-finals: 12 July
Final: 15 July
• Georgia qualified for the 2013 finals – their sole previous U19 tournament appearance – while Sweden are making their debut.
• This will be Portugal's tenth finals outing; they have contested the semi-finals or better in three of the past four seasons.
• England beat the Netherlands 2-1 in last year's group stage on their way to the semi-finals.
• The Dutch then overcame Germany 5-4 on penalties after a 3-3 draw to finish fifth overall and qualify for the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
• Bulgaria knocked out holders France in the elite round while England eliminated record seven-time winners Spain.
• Germany are aiming for a third U19 title after their 2008 and 2014 triumphs. No other 2017 qualifier has lifted the trophy since the competition's redesignation from U18 in 2001/02.