The draw streamed at 10:30 CET will begin the road to Slovakia.
Article top media content
The 2021/22 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualifying round draw will be streamed live at 10:30 CET on 9 December.
How the draw works
Pot A: France, England, Italy, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Spain*, Germany, Ukraine*, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Turkey, Austria, Croatia
Pot B: Greece, Belgium, Sweden, Serbia*, Poland, Scotland, Israel, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Denmark, Slovenia, Georgia
Pot C: Russia*, Finland, Switzerland, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Cyprus, Wales, Latvia, Iceland, Azerbaijan, North Macedonia, Northern Ireland, Belarus, Armenia
Pot D: Montenegro, Kosovo*, Malta, Albania, Kazakhstan, Andorra, Luxembourg, Moldova, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Lithuania, Gibraltar*, San Marino
*Based on previous decisions of the UEFA Executive Committee and UEFA Emergency Panel, these teams cannot be drawn together: Spain and Gibraltar, Ukraine and Russia, Serbia and Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo
Who is involved?
• Hosts Slovakia qualify directly for the final tournament in summer 2022.
• Top seeds Portugal receive a bye to the elite round in spring 2022.
• The remaining 52 entrants start in the qualifying round where they are split into 13 groups of four.
• There are four seeding pots in accordance with the coefficient rankings list, with the 13 countries with the highest rankings in Pot A, the next 13 in Pot B, and so on.
• Each group will have one team from each pot, with hosts then appointed to stage the mini-tournaments played either between 30 August and 7 September, 4 and 12 October, or 8 and 16 November 2021.
• The top two in each group plus the third-placed team with the best record against the leading pair in their section progress to join Portugal in the elite round.