The draw has set next autumn's mini-tournaments, starting the road to Slovakia.
Article top media content
The 2021/22 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualifying round draw has been made, next autumn's mini-tournaments starting the road to Slovakia.
Qualifying round groups
Group 1: England, Sweden, Switzerland, Andorra
Group 2: Germany, Greece, Russia, Faroe Islands
Group 3: Austria, Hungary, Belarus, Estonia
Group 4: Netherlands, Israel, Cyprus, Moldova
Group 5: Ukraine, Poland, Finland, Malta
Group 6: Republic of Ireland, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro
Group 7: France, Serbia, North Macedonia, Albania
Group 8: Spain, Belgium, Azerbaijan, Luxembourg
Group 9: Turkey, Romania, Latvia, San Marino
Group 10: Norway, Georgia, Wales, Kosovo
Group 11: Croatia, Scotland, Armenia, Gibraltar
Group 12: Italy, Slovenia, Iceland, Lithuania
Group 13: Czech Republic, Denmark, Northern Ireland, Kazakhstan
• Mini-tournaments to be played between 30 August and 7 September, 4 and 12 October, or 8 and 16 November 2021. Group dates and hosts tbc.
• The top two in each group plus the third-placed team with the best record against the leading pair in their section progress to join top seeds Portugal in the elite round, played in spring 2022.
• Hosts Slovakia qualify directly for the final tournament in summer 2022.
How the draw worked
Pot A: France, England, Italy, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Spain*, Germany, Ukraine*, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Turkey, Austria, Croatia
Pot B: Greece, Belgium, Sweden, Serbia*, Poland, Scotland, Israel, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Denmark, Slovenia, Georgia
Pot C: Russia*, Finland, Switzerland, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Cyprus, Wales, Latvia, Iceland, Azerbaijan, North Macedonia, Northern Ireland, Belarus, Armenia
Pot D: Montenegro, Kosovo*, Malta, Albania, Kazakhstan, Andorra, Luxembourg, Moldova, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Lithuania, Gibraltar*, San Marino
*Based on previous decisions of the UEFA Executive Committee and UEFA Emergency Panel, these teams could be drawn together: Spain and Gibraltar, Ukraine and Russia, Serbia and Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo
• There were four seeding pots in accordance with the coefficient rankings list, with the 13 countries with the highest rankings in Pot A, the next 13 in Pot B, and so on.
• Each group has one team from each pot, with hosts then appointed to stage the mini-tournaments played either between 30 August and 7 September, 4 and 12 October, or 8 and 16 November 2021..