The 14-team lineup for Friday's UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-off draw has been confirmed after the completion of the qualifying group stage.
• Italy and Sweden completed the list of ten group winners on Tuesday, joining holders Spain, England, Denmark, Slovakia, Croatia, Germany, Portugal and France.
• The four other slots went to the runners-up with the best record against the sides first, third, fourth and fifth in their section, confirmed as Ukraine, the Netherlands, Iceland and Serbia.
• The runners-up missing out were Russia and Austria on goal difference, plus Greece, Israel, Montenegro and Finland.
• In the draw streamed live from Nyon at 14.00CET on Friday, two pots, one of seeded teams and one of unseeded, will be formed prior to the draw based on coefficient rankings. The two-legged ties will be played between 8 and 14 October.
Group 1: England
Group 2: Denmark
Group 3: Slovakia, Netherlands*
Group 4: Spain (holders)
Group 5: Croatia, Ukraine*
Group 6: Germany
Group 7: Sweden
Group 8: Portugal
Group 9: Italy, Serbia*
Group 10: France, Iceland*
Road to the Czech Republic
• Play-off draw: 14.00CET, Friday in Nyon (streamed live on UEFA.com)
• Play-off ties: 8–14 October (seven winners join hosts Czech Republic in finals)
• Finals draw: 6 November, Prague
• Final tournament: 17–30 June, Czech Republic
Play-off draw procedure
• As set out in the official competition regulations, the seeded teams will be the seven group winners with the best coefficient taking into account results in the full 2009–11 and 2011–13 editions (qualifying and final tournaments) plus the 2013–15 qualifying group stage.
• The seven unseeded teams will be drawn against the seven seeded nations, though no side can meet one they met in the qualifying group stage.
• The home team for the first leg will be decided by a draw.
©UEFA.com 1998-2017. All rights reserved.