Having entered a UEFA Women's EURO for the first time, Andorra and Moldova discovered their 2017 preliminary round opponents when the draw was made in Nyon.
Article top media content
Andorra will make their senior women's football debut against Georgia, Faroe Islands and Malta in the UEFA Women's EURO 2017 preliminary round. Today's draw in Nyon also pitted Moldova, entering their first UEFA Women's EURO, with Luxembourg, Lithuania and Latvia.
• The two groups will be played as one-venue mini-tournaments from 4–9 April.
Preliminary round draw
Group A: Moldova*, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Latvia
Group B: Georgia, Andorra, Faroe Islands, Malta*
Joan Carles Ruiz, Andorra coach
"The draw has not gone our way. We have got very strong opponents, especially the Faroe Islands and Georgia – the two highest-ranked teams. We know a few things about our opponents but we will be aiming to find out more. We will try and be competitive and give our best to make a good impression in every match. I'm happy and optimistic about our official debut, which will be a dream come true for our players. We are proud to be writing a new page in the history of Andorran women's football."
• The two group winners will join the 38 nations with the highest placings in the UEFA Women's National Team Coefficient Rankings in the main qualifying group stage draw on 13 April.
• The qualifying group stage will consist of eight groups of five sides with matches played home and away.
• The group winners and the six best runners-up will join the hosts, the Netherlands, in the final tournament.
• The other two runners-up will play off for the remaining place in the expanded 16-team finals.
Road to the Netherlands
Preliminary round: 4–9 April
Qualifying group stage draw: 20 April 2015, Nyon
Qualifying group stage: 14 September 2015–20 September 2016
Play-off draw: 23 September 2016, Nyon
Play-offs: 17–25 October 2016
Finals draw: late 2016, Netherlands
Finals: July/August 2017, Netherlands